Antec BP450PS 450W Power Supply Review

sainath

Android Addicted
Hi, I got this PSU as a replacement for my Antec VP450P. I am using Asus GTX 660 2GB OC edition gpu. My problem is that my PC forcefully restarting while playing Battlefield 4 at ultra settings (after 20-30 min of gaming). I didn't get such problem while playing GTA 5 and Watch dogs. I am not able to figure out the what exactly causing this issue. Is it because of PSU overload or temp overload? I also noticed that 3 pin PSU cable cord (connected to surge protector/spike guard) was very hot like hot frying pan.

OP
R

rajan1311

Padawan
Try this:

1. Download MSI after burner overclocking utility.
2. Reduce the power limit of the GPU to 60%. Keep that as your priority.
3. Play your game at slightly lower settings (maybe high instead of ultra).
4. Monitor all CPU and GPU temperatures.

See if you face the same problems. Also, the cable should not be hot, try a different one. Ask antec to give you a new PSU, this is a lower grade PSU than the VP450P.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you very much sir for your great review ! :)

INTRODUCTIONFirst off, this power supply uses passive power factor correction, which aint great. It will be an efficiency killer. There are power budget PSUs that come with active power factor correction, common guys, you could have done this.

I think they used passive PFC keeping indian conditions in mind .. Frequent power cuts and most importantly "Voltage Fluctuations" .. as many PSU's with active PFC are not compatible with our stepped sinewave UPS .. it's competitor Corsair VS 450 is known to restart PC when switching to battery mode...

Can you please also report does this issue happens with this PSU as well ? is it compatible with non pure sinewave ups ? APC 600/800 , Microtek etc ?

Thank you very much

Top Bottom