AMD to nVidia : prove it, don’t just say it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ico

Okay. But i was speaking more of a general fact than the 590. See fermi architecture responds relatively more to clock speeds afaik.
That thread was and this thread is about GTX 590. Hardly a good overclocker unlike GTX 570/580.

I don't even understand the need of arguing when none of us is not going to buy these cards.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok guys i've been reading this thread and the other one too since days
and to be honest its leading nowhere
Do you really know whats happening here?

guy 1:hey check it out..these are the benchmarks from xyz site.....man,fd xxxx is beating shiit out of ftx xxx

guy 2:^^well not really....you see the difference is too small in that benchmark ....here look at this link: abc.com
this is some serious stuff

guy 3:yes i agree with that^^.ftx xyz is winning all the way....its because mainly because of its banana technology
they have implied it very nicely....fd xxxx has no chance against banana technology

guy 4:Oh really...because i'm not buying that
see FD xxxx already has a far superior technology -that is mango technology
look at those benchmarks from kela.com
they have clearly mentioned that mango technology has edge over banana technology

guy 3:who wants mango technology when their graphic cards have serious driver issues

guy 1:but those issues can be fixed with latest updates and patches from here : mangojuice.com
meanwhile look at these benchmarks....one more proof of fd xxxx winning easily

guy 2:^^thats because of the game is developed to perform on these cards
guess what ...see the benchmarks of this game and reply then

guy 1:i dont trust that site.they dont do good benchmarking....check this site for the same game that you mentioned and see the difference..source : bheja fry.com

guy 2:thats noobish
even i can say that i dont trust the site which you gave
see when you saw the results in which ftx xxx beating fd xxxx you changed the subject ...so do me a favour dont put any links of crappy sites

guy 1:who are you to tell me what to post and what not to....you are just spoiling the decorum of the forum

guy 2why i'm even talking to you noob

guy 1:whatever jerk

:):p:mrgreen::-D:-D:lol::rofl:

vicks the issue isnt with drivers. 2 separate drivers were tested. reports all over the net.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ ICO

Might be as of now but whatever overclocking levels 590 has, it responds to the bump in clock speeds very well just like its single gpu counterparts.

The stock 590 is hugely underclocked to check TDP.

The arguement won't benefit us but prospective buyers.:smile:

:):p:mrgreen::-D:-D:lol::rofl:

vicks the issue isnt with drivers. 2 separate drivers were tested. reports all over the net.

Ya oct also some part to play. Expecting these to get fixed in the retail card.:smile:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
vicks actually to fix these issues everything needs to be improved. stock cooler, phases, vrm etc etc.

but we will keep the thread updated if something good happens.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Maybe board manufacturers design some custom cards. Evga gtx 590 precision don't have these problems. No single issue reported anywhere regarding it.

Phases are fine imo. Vrms are too cause they use the same samsung vrm's from gtx 580 and 570.

J

Joker

vickybat said:
Might be as of now but whatever overclocking levels 590 has, it responds to the bump in clock speeds very well just like its single gpu counterparts.
then goes pop. pile up for rma.

vickybat said:
About overvolting, yeah its an issue with the current forceware drivers and indeed 590's go poof when overvolting beyond 1.000v. Expect this to get fixed though.
first it is not driver issue. if it is i thoguht nvidia made AWESOMOMEOJQO drivers :lol:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Maybe board manufacturers design some custom cards. Evga gtx 590 precision don't have these problems. No single issue reported anywhere regarding it.

Phases are fine imo. Vrms are too cause they use the same samsung vrm's from gtx 580 and 570.

reports of blasts are mainly credited to these.

but yeah - EVGA in india. :-( i love their evga classified waterblocks. see the images of 590 with them. just looks wonderful.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
then goes pop. pile up for rma.

first it is not driver issue. if it is i thoguht nvidia made AWESOMOMEOJQO drivers :lol:

Don't spoil the thread please.

reports of blasts are mainly credited to these.

but yeah - EVGA in india. :-( i love their evga classified waterblocks. see the images of 590 with them. just looks wonderful.

Yea mainly that asus card. Lets wait for some other cards to get reviewed.

Sadly yes evga is not available in india. Tirupati enterprises used to keep evga gtx 470's afaik. They imported them with high prices.

Evga is a very good board maker. But lets wait for the asus gts 590 direct cu II. I think it will see the light of day.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

You know why HD 6990 is so long? Because of a better VRM design.

GTX 590's PCB needs to be revised. It is not a driver issue, honestly.

Edit: All right, I'm out of this thread now.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ If its truly a fact then i guess nvidia is listening and so are the board manufacturers.

But i think that particular asus reference card has issues. Thats what i said to wait for different cards to surface and reviewed.

Pcb design has other aspects for length rather than vrms. Regulating the voltage is indeed very important whilst designing a pcb and there's a slim chance of nvidia ignoring it that much.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ If its truly a fact then i guess nvidia is listening and so are the board manufacturers.

But i think that particular asus reference card has issues. Thats what i said to wait for different cards to surface and reviewed.

Pcb design has other aspects for length rather than vrms. Regulating the voltage is indeed very important whilst designing a pcb and there's a slim chance of nvidia ignoring it that much.

actually every reference card will have this issue.
GTX590 FAIL(S) (It blows up) - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays

You know why HD 6990 is so long? Because of a better VRM design.

GTX 590's PCB needs to be revised. It is not a driver issue, honestly.

Edit: All right, I'm out of this thread now.

you are right in saying that. i too read that.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, the video where GTX 590 had blown up, it was running at 772Mhz and 1.035V. One guy had his GTX 590 burnt at stock @ Hard Forum.

Have a look at these:

GTX 590 - Idle vs Load.
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/7836/gtx590img0031534.jpg*img17.imageshack.us/img17/2416/gtx590img0031535.jpg*img708.imageshack.us/img708/7936/img0031587.png

HD 6990 - Idle vs Load.
*img819.imageshack.us/img819/3752/hd6990img0031264.jpg*img814.imageshack.us/img814/1755/hd6990img0031265.jpg*img14.imageshack.us/img14/7591/hd6990img0031266.jpg

Source: www.hardware.fr

J

Joker

590 beats the 6990 out of the water even in a multimonitor setup.
no it doesnt.

here is the ONLY review with the latest drivers...11.4 for hd 6990 and 267.71 for gtx 590: Civilization V - ASUS GeForce GTX 590 Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP

hd 6990 won.

We truly thought the GTX 590 was going to make the Radeon 6990 look bad, but the fact of the matter is that NVIDIA made the 6990 look that much better. The GTX 590 is not the "World's Fastest Single Card Solution" as stated on our page 1 slides; the Radeon HD 6990 is very much retaining that title. Hail to the King, baby!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let us continue on the other thread. One thread is enough. Enough fanboyism.

@vickybat
I think you meant V (volt) not mV. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom