ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Re: Will AMD Ryzen live up to the hype?

How many would be buying dedicated graphic card? I feel most would want iGPU and for now AMD is not bringing any APUs and Intel in that regard is safe and good. Intel may lose some market share, but won't be a huge slide in the near future. When AMD brings Ryzen APUs and price it aggressively, will see where Intel stands then.

When I was checking few months back, AMD CPUs retail pricing are about 40% (average) higher than the US.

Consider this also the future proofing of RyZen and the fact that it will last longer / be supported longer

As for dGPU that can be done with a cheap 2k one

And yes Summit Ridge apus are coming in future which have RyZen CPU and Vega GPU for those that don't want a dGPU

Also the fact that RyZen may take a chunk from the gamers market as those buy a dGPU as it is

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

As for me I gonna stick with my Skylake Rig for the next 4 years since there was not a significant difference in FPS even from Sandybridge to Skylake while using GTX1070 or GTX1080 GPUs.

So will wait until 2021.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

As for me I gonna stick with my Skylake Rig for the next 4 years since there was not a significant difference in FPS even from Sandybridge to Skylake while using GTX1070 or GTX1080 GPUs.

So will wait until 2021.

Isn't that the reason why everyone is hyped for Ryzen?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Maybe but for me, I will stick with Intel Skylake unless Ryzen is massively faster than Intel. I don't think it will be. So waiting until 2021.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Maybe but for me, I will stick with Intel Skylake unless Ryzen is massively faster than Intel. I don't think it will be. So waiting until 2021.

mobo

Broken In

How many would be buying dedicated graphic card? I feel most would want iGPU and for now AMD is not bringing any APUs and Intel in that regard is safe and good. Intel may lose some market share, but won't be a huge slide in the near future. When AMD brings Ryzen APUs and price it aggressively, will see where Intel stands then.

When I was checking few months back, AMD CPUs retail pricing are about 40% (average) higher than the US.

Precisely. Intel products on the other hand are sold at a 10-20% markup. Price cuts too don't trickle down too well here in India. I was reading the other day about how nvidia wasn't keen on reducing their 970 prices in India because it was supposedly still doing big numbers despite the 1060.

I won't be surprised if we don't get the shake-up we expect in India. I would be disappointed though.

Let's hope for the best. Fingers crossed!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Assuming AMD Ryzen can beat or equal Intel's Broadwell-E performance, we could end up with better prices for everyone, and that would be great to see.

What will Ryzen actually deliver? Can be seen in early March, 2017. Until then fingers crossed.

Even if AMD's Ryzen can't beat Intel in every benchmark, they're bringing proper competition back into the CPU market, and that's great news.

Source: AMD Ryzen news | PC Game

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist

I won't be surprised if we don't get the shake-up we expect in India. I would be disappointed though.
I am not expecting much as I dropped the idea of upgrading CPU+MB+RAM which I had been saying for about 3yrs now. I have upgraded everything around that and I hope I am set for another few years.
But I am curious to know what Ryzen is gonna do. :)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

*hothardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-6-core-benchmarks-leak

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 K6 Power using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

AMD Ryzen CPUs have been pictured | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D New

Sent from my Lenovo K6 Power using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

AMD Ryzen 1600X Cinebench results leak | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D New

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Ryzen may support ECC memory at launch | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D New

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Good stuff today! :)

Now wait for the reviews!

mvk3772

Broken In

Trying AMD Ryzen - YouTube

EDIT 1 : Benchmark - no
Price - yes
Looking LinuxTips guy from other Dimension ... I mean other camera

EDIT 2 - Semi- Humour
Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

AMD's Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 3 CPUs will release in Q2 and 2H 2017 | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D New

AMD Ryzen Pre-orders are live - UK Pricing confirmed | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D New

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz

Ryzen 7 1700 - Rs 26,000 ( preorder) MDcomputers :D

AMD RYZEN 7 SERIES OCTA CORE PROCESSOR 1700 - WITH WRAITH SPIRE COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 20MB CACHE, UP TO 3.7 GHz

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

AMD Ryzen 5 Six-Core Processors to Launch in Q2-2017 | techPowerU

The more cost-effective Ryzen 3 series will launch in the second half of 2017 (after June).

mvk3772

Broken In

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X and 1700 Official Gaming Performance Benchmarks Leake

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom