ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah - but Govt is also to be blamed for this mayhem! They could have easily released the rules stating that GST can't be added on the MRP or something to ensure that this sort of situation doesn't happen (which happened again after the demonetisation)! When the changes are nationwide then the so called "legislators" should think of every possible situation or at least the situations which will be the immediate effect of the new rules/laws. Just implementing new rules/laws is not the holistic solution to an issue.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yeah - but Govt is also to be blamed for this mayhem! They could have easily released the rules stating that GST can't be added on the MRP or something to ensure that this sort of situation doesn't happen (which happened again after the demonetisation)! When the changes are nationwide then the so called "legislators" should think of every possible situation or at least the situations which will be the immediate effect of the new rules/laws. Just implementing new rules/laws is not the holistic solution to an issue.
Actually they have issued a notification regarding the same but no one in the market is following that. Also government also won't do anything if this thing is bought in their notice.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Now it's 31st?

AMD RYZEN 3 1300X 4-Core 3.5 GHz (3.7 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD130XBBAEBOX Desktop Processor-Newegg.com

AMD RYZEN 3 1200 4-Core 3.1 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1200BBAEBOX Desktop Processor-Newegg.com

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
MDcomputers.. shipping starts from 1st august

Ryzen 3 1200 - Rs 8,967

AMD RYZEN 3 SERIES QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 1200 - WITH WRAITH STEALTH COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 10MB CACHE, UP TO 3.4 GHz)

Ryzen 3 1300x - Rs 10,383

AMD RYZEN 3 SERIES QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 1300X - WITH WRAITH STEALTH COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 10MB CACHE, UP TO 3.7 GHz)

ezio16

Journeyman
Asrock (Motherboard manufacturer) confirmed that Intel’s Coffee Lake CPUs (8th Generation) Will Require New Motherboard, current 200-series motherboards won't support upcoming 6 core Coffee lake CPU's.

Link : Asrock Confirms Intel's Coffee Lake CPUs Will Require New Motherboard - ExtremeTech

So it's a plus for AMD that they have assured to support AM4 till 2020.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Unannounced Ryzen Threadripper 1920 CPU leaked by AMD motherboard support pages

Unannounced Threadripper 1920 leaked by AMD hardware partners

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am very sad to hear that. It is because of onboard graphics alone that I have a functional desktop now.

I assembled my first desktop in 2005 or so and my motherboard then had nVidia 6150SE as the onboard graphics. I could not play many games then but still could manage FarCry at lowest settings. Then I bought HD4670 based graphic card. But 2 or 3 times in different rainy seasons whenever the graphic card decided to ditch me, the onboard graphics managed to keep the desktop running. Now for the last 2 years, I am again running a chinese no name motherboard with the same decade old 6150SE!

I hope Ryzen APUs will be reasonably priced.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am an AMD fan for some reasons. Also longevity of AM4 is making me strongly go with it.

Bristol Ridge are old wine in new bottle, right?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am an AMD fan for some reasons. Also longevity of AM4 is making me strongly go with it.
Bristol Ridge are old wine in new bottle, right?
Ryzen CPU + Vega iGPU.
The one releasing on 18th of Aug is Bristolridge based chips which are not Ryzen APU.
Bristolridge APUs are about a year old which are based on old excavator architecture + GCN3 graphic (which is older than Polaris).
My guess is pricing will start from about 5k and go upto 12k.

I don't find Ryzen 3 pricing attractive and don't expect Ryzen APUs will be a VFM product after seeing Ryzen 3's pricing. Ryzen APU may come with better graphic than what Intel can offer, but surely Intel's CPU power is much stronger and that will continue at least for the next few years.

Those who are building simple rig for home/office, stick with Intel. Don't expect that AMD will bring something better than Intel in the near future.

Note: I am just talking about desktop variant of Ryzen APU. Ryzen laptop will come out soon, I expect.

Top Bottom