AMD Fusion Motherboard with SATA and PATA ports?

reniarahim1

Youngling
Hi All,

I am looking for a motherboard based on AMD fusion platform which will support both SATA and PATA hard disks, as i want to reuse my existing hard disk.

Processor will be AMD - A6 3650

I dont want to go with the PCI-> PATA adaptor. Please do give your suggessions.

Thanks in Advance..

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
You said you don't want to use existing HDD then all new HDD is market are SATA only.

If you want to use it anyway then I dont think any Fusion Mobo has PATA port. Either you have to use it with PCI Card with PATA Slot or Buy the USB case and convert it in External USB HDD for data storage.

OP
reniarahim1

reniarahim1

Youngling
You said you don't want to use existing HDD then all new HDD is market are SATA only.

If you want to use it anyway then I dont think any Fusion Mobo has PATA port. Either you have to use it with PCI Card with PATA Slot or Buy the USB case and convert it in External USB HDD for data storage.

oops..my bad...it was a typo..i meant i want to make use of existing HDD. I dont want to keep idle a perfectly working HDD.

If the motherboard does not support PATA is there any alternate ways? i have seen PCI card with PATA slot but how reliable is the same?

I don't mind it using as an External USB HDD but here also is there any external case that support PATA hard disk.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Buy 3.5 USB IDE Hard Disk Drive Case Casing Pata | Lowest prices on Computers & Peripherals at Rediff Shopping. USB Enclosure for pata disk.

If the Card is of reliable brand then off course it will work and I don't know any more alternate way.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The closest you will get is an ECS AM3+ Bulldozer motherboard (A990FXM-A) that does have PATA ports.

ECS Web Site

I don't know how you can buy it in India, try contacting Rashi peripherals since they are the distributors for ECS products in India.

However, I would not recommend ECS branded motherboards, so you would really be taking a risk buying it.

OP
reniarahim1

reniarahim1

Youngling
Thanks guys.I will get a IDE USB casing in that case. Few more qns :)
1) Suggessions for Fusion supported motherboards with HDMI and DVI support.
2) Has the HDD price come down or will it come down soon?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Don't think HDD prices coming down. Not read any news as such at least.

And check following site so that you can answer your queries by yourself.

Today's Cool Deal !
Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store
TheITwares Ecommerce
Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories
www.smcinternational.com

Choose the Mobo as per Price and specs yourself.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The closest you will get is an ECS AM3+ Bulldozer motherboard (A990FXM-A) that does have PATA ports.

ECS Web Site

I don't know how you can buy it in India, try contacting Rashi peripherals since they are the distributors for ECS products in India.

However, I would not recommend ECS branded motherboards, so you would really be taking a risk buying it.

but that's not a socket FM1 mobo Op is asking for.

@ OP - tell us your budget for the mobo.

Top Bottom