All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

Dang... I am not networked now. So, No tv shows until next month. :(

any one watched house s7e8?

Finished Fringe Season1.
Interesting, but whoever is a sci-fi fan and have loved every insane ideologies told in any book/movie would know what they are going to see today.
Few episodes are simply lame, without proper explanation.

Still tries to give something new to the audience.

Will start Season2 soon. How's it?

S1 was just OK for me. And S2 was a notch below S1.

Do YOUR calculations now.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Fringe Season 2, EP11. Charlie is back!!! WTF? Wasn't he dead few episodes back. Now he's just back and no explanations given???? Wat does that mean?

Season2 watched till ep12.

Watched House Season7, episode 8. Another "House vs. God"...check out.

And, exactly how good is Dexter? Its rated 9.4 in IMDB, where House is 9.2. How can something be better than House?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Finished Fringe season2.

Things are getting stretched............hmmmm

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Just watched HIMYM S06E10,E11. These two were good. Really good. Especially E11 was lot lot better than the previous episodes. It returns to the textbook way of HIMYM story telling which made it so popular. Lets hope that they will keep the spirit up.

mitraark

Decrepit

Currently following these series :

House
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Nikita [ awesome 1st Season]
Castle

Also have

Dexter
The Walking Dead

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Just watched Dexter S5E07-E11. Even on Season 5, this show is as entertaining as this is it's first season. One of the best running TV show.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Started Dexter. Season1 ep6.

Wow!!!!!!!!
Where from did it came..........I'm in love with it...........

GR8!

D

Deleted member 26636

Started Dexter. Season1 ep6.

Wow!!!!!!!!
Where from did it came..........I'm in love with it...........

GR8!

Absolutely right....i've also started watching it..only watched the first two episodes & i am already blown away...does anyone feel that when dexter narrates, the style is similar to Max Payne? nothing else matches but the way dexter is narrating, reminds me of Max Payne.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Yes, Michael C Hall is a terrific actor. You should notice the amount of difference he shows in his voice when he is "talking to someone as Dexter", and when he is "talking to a person he is about to kill", and when he is narrating. Total 3 different voice modulations. As the show progresses, you'll be able to see how capable he is. And yes, I found it similar to the Max Payne narration.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Dexter Season 1 8/10

Finished watching season1 last night. And I've something to say (with spoilers)

I love this show and totally hooked to it. Till the episode Deb falls for Rudy everything was OK. But making Rudy the killer is so so so so clichéd. It was so intelligent and engazing I was thinking about a 9 rater..But I've problems with the following.
1>Dexter is surviving only because he's cautious and observes everything. But only thing or person he did not observe was Rudy and he's the killer!!! Can't accept.
2>Deb falling for Rudy. Already told, clichéd.
3>In a scene Dexter hacks into Masuka's mail and edits a word document and just saves it. WTH!!! How do u change the original document that the sender has sent. It will be still in the inbox. Dexter can't delete and the solution shown for it is so false.
4>The Cuban boy describes Jesus!!! WTF? Kuch bhi?!!!
5>All of a sudden the investigation for Valerie Castillo's murderer is stopped. And obviously everyone stops searching for Valerie Castillo's husband (who they considered as the suspect)
6>Rudy gifts the hooker's ring to Deb. WTF??? Most used cliche.
7>AND the mother of all cliche. Rudy is brother of Dexter. WTF??? Why can't he be just a worthy competitor?

Apart from ^those I loved the show and gonna continue. Its different.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Dexter Season 1 8/10

Finished watching season1 last night. And I've something to say (with spoilers)

I love this show and totally hooked to it. Till the episode Deb falls for Rudy everything was OK. But making Rudy the killer is so so so so clichéd. It was so intelligent and engazing I was thinking about a 9 rater..But I've problems with the following.
1>Dexter is surviving only because he's cautious and observes everything. But only thing or person he did not observe was Rudy and he's the killer!!! Can't accept.
2>Deb falling for Rudy. Already told, clichéd.
3>In a scene Dexter hacks into Masuka's mail and edits a word document and just saves it. WTH!!! How do u change the original document that the sender has sent. It will be still in the inbox. Dexter can't delete and the solution shown for it is so false.
4>The Cuban boy describes Jesus!!! WTF? Kuch bhi?!!!
5>All of a sudden the investigation for Valerie Castillo's murderer is stopped. And obviously everyone stops searching for Valerie Castillo's husband (who they considered as the suspect)
6>Rudy gifts the hooker's ring to Deb. WTF??? Most used cliche.
7>AND the mother of all cliche. Rudy is brother of Dexter. WTF??? Why can't he be just a worthy competitor?

Apart from ^those I loved the show and gonna continue. Its different.

Masuak's mail can be considered as a goof. Not worth mentioning as a point which made you to rate less, and same is with the Jesus thing. Just minor hiccups.

And talking about Dexter ignoring Rudy, Your opinion is that, Rudy made believe easily. There is nothing wrong... with Dexter. Rudy is all the man. He is better killer than Dexter. Made Dexter to actually believe. Even at the place where Rudy abducts his sister, Rudy wanted Dexter to come and find him.

Deb falling for Rudy. I didn't liked it either. Not because there is some plot hole or paradox in characterization. Every thing is fine, Deb is in dire need of a person, Rudy wanted to flat Deb. But, still, I didn't liked it. But Deb's character improves a lot in coming episodes. At times, even intelligent than Dexter.

Castillo thing.. DUH! I don't even remember who he is. Its been almost a year :D

Ring.. can't say much about it. May be Rudy was running a bit low on cash.

And the twist that he is brother, It tells that Dexter is absolutely normal kid. All that changed is that his mother's murder. I think, what writers wanted to convey is, That murder is what changed the Dexter and any one who is that position will be twisted the same way. Giving his brother Rudy who was with the Dexter at that time. And this further explains Harry's character. And, this entire season is taken from a novel. We know how murder mystery novels deals with twists, right?

Aerohawk

Right off the assembly line

FX? It aires on NBC.

And I didn't understood the season repeating thing :p

Wat, this is getting weird. Don't you have FX? The Walking Dead, Nurse Jackie, Its always Sunny in Philadelphia, Anarchy? At least on Tata Sky.

EDIT: I meant that they keep showing season 2 over and over again.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Dexter season 2 7.5/10

Not satisfying. More family drama than Dexterity :D

How is season 3?

Top Bottom