All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone seen a tv series called Life?

Life (TV Series 2007–2009) - IMDb

Worth checking out. Damian Lewis from Homeland stars in it. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after just two seasons.
Yes,it was a good series & very good acting by Damien Lewis,female lead acting was also good.The female lead also starred in Person of Interest.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

Is this Star Gate SG-1 / Atlantis / Universe - all are the same or diffrent ? Or SG-1 is the one which got complete story ?
If they are different which one to start first?

icebags

Technomancer
Hi,

Is this Star Gate SG-1 / Atlantis / Universe - all are the same or diffrent ? Or SG-1 is the one which got complete story ?
If they are different which one to start first?

its like a succession of the period. first there is the stargate movie, then they launched the gs-1 series, with the hero guy of the movie forming a team, then after 5-6 years he gets a successor during season 7 or 8. then when sg1 was near conclusion they made a concurrent series atlantis, where a different group of adventurers make their place in a different world forming another team. and finally in sgu, people accidentally got to get together and form a team or take sides, but in sgu, people did not actually want to go on an adventure and they did a lot of drama inside, which many viewers did not like. even though the show was becoming quite epic in the end, the company decided to disband the show. which again caused a lot of hates toward the company from the viewers.
the main cast from sg1 were always there showing their face once in a while, even after 12 years. which is a good thing felt like growing up in life with the storyline. :)

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Has anyone watched Generation Kill on hotstar? Worth checking out.

Generation Kill (TV Mini-Series 2008– ) - IMDb

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
SUITS - SEASON 5 ... There are only very few TV series that cross season 4 or 5 and maintain the same interest level as it in season 1. (one example HOMELAND).... BUT there are even lesser TV series, in fact the only handful that I can count on finger tips (and I have seen a lot), which maintains the "interest" arc that actually increases as the season progresses. For me "Justified" was that one TV series, where infact the best season was the last 2.

The only TV series after Justified that clears my these criteria is SUITS, with SEASON 5 it has reached my all time top 2 TV series right with BB. SEASON 5 to me was the BEST of the count till now. It JUST takes the series to just another whole new level, especially from mid way. The story arc is just phenomenal, kudos to the writers, the emotions are sky rocketing, the decision the counter attack or counter measures the team takes all makes the progress exhilarating. At one point I was clenching my fists to root for the characters, SUITS season 5 had that impact.

Performances are nothing short of absolutely fantastic, making you feel like you know the characters (especially after following them for 4 seasons) and to know to a point where you actually vigorously start to care for them just like they are your family which so far is one of the greatest things that a TV series has ever achieved in my opinion.

SUITS till season 5 is 8.8/10 on my rating scale, which is one of the highest I have given to TV series.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Oh My Ghost

Age of Youth: Hello My Twenties

Both worth watching.
Noted. Had trouble finding them because of variant names in K-Drama. (Why are there so many different names anyway?)

I am binging on K-Dramas now. Must have finished at least 10 by now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Noted. Had trouble finding them because of variant names in K-Drama. (Why are there so many different names anyway?)

I am binging on K-Dramas now. Must have finished at least 10 by now.
Korean/japanese/chinese languages are difficult to translate & mixing/influence of english makes it even more difficult to put only one translated english name for many tv series.

P.S.
In continuation to above I have seen some more series:
1.Romantic Teacher Doctor Kim(a good medical drama but found it less interesting than Doctor Crush though acting is better)
2.Yong Pal(good medical drama based but more of a revenge based plot)
3.Good Doctor(another medical drama but with very different role of autistic male lead played by same actor as in above Yong Pal)
4.Emergency Couple(medical drama with divorced main couple working as interns in same hospital,quite funny at many times)

This brings my total to 25 korean tv series watched till now.

Top Bottom