All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Whats the point, if they were boring for you... :) . Honestly, you are the first one I have seen saying Homeland boring that too first 2 seasons, but that's ok each to its own. No point in sharing my review as you might have guessed it will be full of praise. :) ... What kind of TV series you like, what are your top 3/5 tv series you have seen up untill now?

Homeland Season 1 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 2 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 3 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 6 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
(I searched your Homeland reviews, could not find 4 & 5 season)

I wanted to know why you liked this show that much.. for me it was ok. nothing more.
It was boring for me may be because I was not in mood to watch that series or mood off or slow pace or I just wanted to finish what I have started.. I can't remember that..
BTW it's still on watch list, season 3 to end still remaining..

I can tell you what I watched/completed.. (please don't judge me by my watched list. I know you are Good/GOD at reviewing)
24 (all season)
24 ind (season 1 only)
24 legacy (stopped watching after 4th episode)
arrow (till season 4. now its getting worse.)
legends of tomorrow (getting better)
flash (season 2. at least better than other CW shows)
Game Of Thrones (nothing to say)
Gotham (season 1,2,3 good show)
hannibal ( season 1,2,3 great series)
homeland (season 2)
Human (season 2 great)
izombie (season 2 good one)
legion (season 1. ---)
limitless (season 1, good)
lucifer (season 1,2.. liked it)
the magicians (season 1, good concept but did not liked it.)
agent carter (season 1, 2 both great season. I wish to see more..)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (season 1,2,3 overall OK)
Marvel's Daredevil (season 1,2 both are great)
Marvel's Iron Fist (season 1, could have been better, ok)
Marvel's Jessica Jones (season 1, good show.)
Marvel's Luke Cage (season 1, could have been better, but still good watch)
Mr. Robot (season 2, great.)
Outlander (season 1,2 nice take on time travel, great, liked it)
Preacher (season 1, something different but OK)
Sense8 (season 1,2, good one)
Stranger Things (season 1, nothing to say)
Supergirl (season 1, OK.)

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Homeland Season 1 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 2 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 3 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 6 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
(I searched your Homeland reviews, could not find 4 & 5 season)

I wanted to know why you liked this show that much.. for me it was ok. nothing more.
It was boring for me may be because I was not in mood to watch that series or mood off or slow pace or I just wanted to finish what I have started.. I can't remember that..
BTW it's still on watch list, season 3 to end still remaining..)

Well I sure thought I did review 4 and 5, but guess I was wrong, anyway I would not have said anything different for these 2 seasons as well, what I already have not said for the rest. They were equally good if not better than other seasons.

I saw you list. I dont judge people like that Bro, ...:), any way I noticed that most of your watch list has super hero fantasy stuff kind of series. 14 out of 26 are super heroish TV series. So again I am not judging you, but seems you have an inclination towards this Genre more. Hence LESS liking towards more serious, drama based, dialogue oriented TV series. Frankly, I could not stand FLASH and supergirl as well ... left in middle. ARROW as well left it. The only super hero TV series I loved was DAREDEVIL, coz of its dark approch and very well built combact scenes.

Have you seen BILLIONS. For me, it's reached in my top 5 all time. I am sure you will not like it ...but as I said that's perfectly fine .... each to its own ... :)

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
^next in queue is House of Cards, I guess its dialogue oriented TV series..
I was watching TV series for the 1st time, so started with some known genre, sci-fi, action (hyped by Hollywood movies)
I am trying new genre, adjusting to new takes time.. :)

Billions, not yet.. added to list.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@sam9s try John Doe if you haven't yet.It's an old one season series with scifi-sh themes but drama & acting is good.Only downside is it was axed with a cliffhanger but even then it is worth watching in my opinion.

I also recommend Kyle XY(though 3rd/last season was bad but again it is worth watching for first 2 seasons).

If time travel & some cheesy fun is required then try Seven Days whose 1st season is one of the best entertaining(even if cheesy) scifi I have seen.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the link. I tried your link and got this series called southland? Never heard of it before.Any idea on that one?

not watched yet, its in watch list.. Ask other I haven't seen yet, they can tell you better.
@sam9s

What I do is, I check all ratings from different sites.. constant rating then go for it..
IMDB - Southland (TV Series 2009–2013) - IMDb
Trakt.TV - Southland
Rotten Tomatoes - Southland
common sense media - Southland - TV Review
TV.com - Southland

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
@sam9s try John Doe if you haven't yet.It's an old one season series with scifi-sh themes but drama & acting is good.Only downside is it was axed with a cliffhanger but even then it is worth watching in my opinion.

I also recommend Kyle XY(though 3rd/last season was bad but again it is worth watching for first 2 seasons).

If time travel & some cheesy fun is required then try Seven Days whose 1st season is one of the best entertaining(even if cheesy) scifi I have seen.

Will give John Doe try ...... and even though I am a HUGE fan of Time Travel genre I am a bit too critical when it comes to judging the complexities that come with time travel and hence Seven Days might not be for me. I would love to give a try to some serious technically good Time Travel TV series. I have not come across any yet.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Bought a smart tv, got amazon prime. Need suggestions for some good shows to binge watch.
Mostly have watched sitcoms or crime/detective shows previously like sherlock, castle etc. Would like sci-fi or any good drama, thriller.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Bought a smart tv, got amazon prime. Need suggestions for some good shows to binge watch.
Mostly have watched sitcoms or crime/detective shows previously like sherlock, castle etc. Would like sci-fi or any good drama, thriller.

Fringe

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Just completed Bosch season 3. Need suggestion for a similar quality cop drama. Have already seen True Detective. How is southland ?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

harry10

Gadgets freak
So, I finally finished HOUSE.
Yes, I had seen the series long time back but never saw final 2 episodes. Loved it so much just couldn't bring myself to see it ending.
I must say the finale was absolutely brilliant and very perspective to who House is as a person. Everybody lies after all.

Also, the 23rd episode which is a making of house is really good. Gives a great insight how much hard work everyone has put into making even one episode.

I think HOUSE is the best character ever written on Tv. Even better than Walter White. Probably because he was so eccentric and unpredictable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Completed The Night Manager - Very matured Spy TV Series, Like watching James Bond Movie in slow space....The Best one seen so far.
Excellent.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone been watching the short clips from Oats Studio on YouTube/Steam by Neil Blomkamp.
Quite intense and an amazing concept, all 3 clips leave a lot to be desired. Have been a fan of Neil's work since District 9.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Anyone seen a tv series called Life?

Life (TV Series 2007–2009) - IMDb

Worth checking out. Damian Lewis from Homeland stars in it. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after just two seasons.

Top Bottom