All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jessica Jones S02 (Till E09)
Even slower than the first season. Somewhat pick-up sped in 8th episode. Still I'm not clear where it is heading.
A proper antagonist is yet to be set.
Waste of time.
If this show shows no promise to pick-up by season end, I'll simply stop watching.

A third grade superhero story, should not have come screen at all!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Jessica Jones S02 (Till E09)
Even slower than the first season. Somewhat pick-up sped in 8th episode. Still I'm not clear where it is heading.
A proper antagonist is yet to be set.
Waste of time.
If this show shows no promise to pick-up by season end, I'll simply stop watching.

A third grade superhero story, should not have come screen at all!
I sat to watch the premiere episode of season 2 few nights ago. I fall asleep in 15 min. I have seen the 1st season and found it to be slow too.
Thanks for the heads up, might skip S2 entirely.

Edit: Wait a sec.. so you saying if it doesn't pick up by season end, you will stop watching? But what is left to watch after season ends? :confused:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
3rd Season! It probably would come.

Can't really leave in middle, never did for any other.

So, final thoughts, since you are about to end the series. You can answer after you complete S2 too.
Since, S1 had a good villain, Killgrave, is S2 bearable once you get past the slow pacing? Can you ever get pass the slow pacing?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Since, S1 had a good villain, Killgrave, is S2 bearable once you get past the slow pacing? Can you ever get pass the slow pacing?
Sigh!
The answer lies in spoiler. Read in risk and decide yourself.
Does not have a set villain. The villain is somewhat introduced in E02 and then by E07 not even a villain. Juggling too many sub-plots which are going no-where. Till now, not really recommended. So1, had that tension built up but this lacks any of such

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Watched all the sci-fi stuff on Netflix
The OA and Dark are both similar to stranger things... mysteriously disappearing kidnapped kid, and weird otherworldly stuff happening, along with the atmospheric horror.
Continuum is also cyberpunk, main character is a police officer who travels back in time with a bunch of terrorists who escape execution. She has this futuristic multi-purpose suit which is like Black Panther's suit, but better.
Travelers is really good, it is like Continuum+Altered Carbon. The time travelers are co-ordinated by an AI in the future, and the actual time traveling happens by replacing the consciousness of an individual at the time of their deaths.

Watched a bunch of others as well, think I watched them all... so lemme know if you have any questions.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The Dark was too slow for my taste. The music was great but they used that in unnecessary scenes. Why to play a suspense bgm when the scene doesn't hold any such element.

I felt so tired after finishing this series as the pace is really slow. Almost 1hr episode has only 15 mins of scenes which actually contribute to the main story.

I think I will skip next season

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Have anyone watched Sense8? I finished the season 1 last week. Now onto Season 2. And so far the 3 episodes I watched of S2, it have been a delight.
Sense8 isn't for everyone. Lots of adult content, same sex explicit scenes. But once you get passed that, the series really tries to push the bounds of streaming media to show things that isn't possible on traditional media. Some of it is very uncomfortable.

S1 start feels very slow, but it does starts to run in later episodes and the start of S2 have started with a bang. Loving the show now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Then you should know that Sense8 was axed after season 2(there was quite an online protest demanding a 3rd season for proper closure of the series,check reddit).

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jessica Jones S02

If you can endure the boredom till 7th episode, then ther is some ( I say 'some') rewards for you.
Pace and story kinda finds a way and settles for the path.
Too many unnecessary subplots and NPCs just spoiled it. Like one of those megasoaps of Star Plus/Zee TV where a new character gets introduced in every episode to keep the story on-going.

I was right to evaluate, a third grade powered person whose power too is not properly established whereas two seasons had passed. This needed not to come to screen at all, like ever.

Another borefest is announced, Luke Cage S02 in June. Really disliked the first season of it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^Then you should know that Sense8 was axed after season 2(there was quite an online protest demanding a 3rd season for proper closure of the series,check reddit).
Yes I know. I read the episode discussion after almost every episode on reddit.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I felt Sense8 was full of forced LGBT propaganda. I liked watching the show but this thought was always in my head.
Well, for straight people, yes the amount of LGBT stuff might be overwhelming, (it sure was for me in 1st season). But now in second season, I am really loving the editing/pacing and soundtrack.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Started watching The Man in the High Castle, up to episode 5 in first season and so far have been quite impressed. Riveting and have been good in all departments

Top Bottom