All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That may be a good thing if win 7 is supported on laptop else try with win 8.1.Many laptops launched in last 1 year didn't have win 7 support(my laptop has only win 8.1 & 10 drivers,no win 7 drivers).

P.S.put your newly purchased laptop to some rigorous usage withing first 5-6 months.I kept my laptop on 24*7 for weeks downloading/uploading because in my experience if a laptop can't handle this much in first few months then most likely it is not made to last beyond a year or two without major issues.Install some game & play daily for 2-3 hours at least(or put some kind of loop/demo/test stage) to tax laptop graphics card.Just make sure that while doing all this the room temps should in 25-30C range(aka cool room) & cpy/gfx card temps must be below 80-90C.

Last edited:

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
That may be a good thing if win 7 is supported on laptop else try with win 8.1.Many laptops launched in last 1 year didn't have win 7 support(my laptop has only win 8.1 & 10 drivers,no win 7 drivers).

P.S.put your newly purchased laptop to some rigorous usage withing first 5-6 months.I kept my laptop on 24*7 for weeks downloading/uploading because in my experience if a laptop can't handle this much in first few months then most likely it is not made to last beyond a year or two without major issues.Install some game & play daily for 2-3 hours at least(or put some kind of loop/demo/test stage) to tax laptop graphics card.Just make sure that while doing all this the room temps should in 25-30C range(aka cool room) & cpy/gfx card temps must be below 80-90C.
My laptop officially has only Win 7 drivers. Windows 10 working fine fortunately.

rocky96

Right off the assembly line
Kinda same happened with my 950m ( Asus Rog GL552) One fine day the Dgpu apparently disappeared on its own. Started Paladins and found out that it was running at 20 fps ( intel hd) No traces of nvidia in the device manager. Tried almost everything possible but nothing worked. :( Now going to SC tom lets see what they have to say.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Dell has Windows 8.1 & 7 supported drivers & I was running 8.1 drivers. I'm willing to install Windows 7 but is there a way that I don't lose my files and data?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Trying to install Windows 7 through USB by creating a bootable usb using Windows 7 USB/DVD tool but getting error as posted in screenshot. I've formatted 2 iso's (one Win7 Home Premium 64-bit & another Win7 Professional 64-bit, both on the same USB drive simultaneously) but both gave the same error.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/7da5cd180ccbeae3cd6f5068b465374d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Above error is occurring by running setup inside Windows 10. When booting from the USB drive directly I'm getting this error in both iso's:

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/ba7dd9b0794186267d08ee72eabd0b50.jpg

Note: I have prioritised USB drive as my boot device in boot settings.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Trying to install Windows 7 through USB by creating a bootable usb using Windows 7 USB/DVD tool but getting error as posted in screenshot. I've formatted 2 iso's (one Win7 Home Premium 64-bit & another Win7 Professional 64-bit, both on the same USB drive simultaneously) but both gave the same error.

Why would you use two windows isos in the same USB drive? :facepalm:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I've just created a bootable DVD using CDBurnerXP software but getting same error that No bootable device found.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
damn laptop is not reading DVD, logged onto win10. just 2 days ago i installed gta 3 by original disc, it read successfully.

Yup! Its reading only original discs and not the ones that have been written.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check your PM.Once you have confirmed original win 7 ISO,use MS's own win 7 usb tool to create a bootable pen drive of win 7.Disable secure boot & enable CMS/legacy mode.Also post the details of your current working laptop win 10/8.1 settings like disk type(mbr or gpt) & a screenshot of disk management.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Check your PM.Once you have confirmed original win 7 ISO,use MS's own win 7 usb tool to create a bootable pen drive of win 7.Disable secure boot & enable CMS/legacy mode.Also post the details of your current working laptop win 10/8.1 settings like disk type(mbr or gpt) & a screenshot of disk management.

Getting this error when applying tips PM'd.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/14b550e1adf0364341066aeca61e937b.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The person changed the usb port & it just worked.According to the comments,it might be because of win 7 setup not supporting usb 3 ports during initial install.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
i had the same error a while ago on my laptop.. tried also installing from usb 2.0 slot/changing usb port etc .. nothing worked for me but may work for you ... if not then

what you need is drivers for your USB 3.0 port, download it .. and then when this error comes again browse it to the location of driver and then it will be able to detect pen drive again and your installation will continue from there itself

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Installation of win7 has been successful, thanks guys. I installed it by running setup in win10 and turning off secure boot helped as pointed above otherwise if secure boot was on then I was getting error of windows boot manager as posted above. However, the graphics driver still didn't install & gave below error which was there in win10. I've downloaded correct driver for my system win7 64bit from dell website.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170918/c9588a3af0c1694108e25b78e95376c3.jpg

Top Bottom