Alert- phishing E-mail asks to update Outlook

Discussion in 'Technology News' started by ravi_9793, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravi_9793

ravi_9793 TechTin.com

TrendMicro’s TrendLabs identified a phishing e-mail message (see below) which asked the recipient to update Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express. Here’s how the e-mail message starts out:

[​IMG]

On a scale of one to 10 the authenticity of this scam e-mail is a nine. It’s very realistic, even the Contact Us, Privacy Statement, and Terms of Use active links direct you to the appropriate Microsoft Web pages.

There’s no clear cut solution other than to not click on any active link. That’s not always possible though. In which case, please use caution and try the tips I suggested in my linked article.

http://www.examiner.com/x-14651-Min...m6d23-Email-asks-to-update-Outlook-Dont-do-it

2. topgear

topgear Fast 'N' Furious Staff Member

I use thunderbird :p & for phishing scams you can get numerous plugin/addons to protect yourself :p

3. din

din Tribal Boy

I received this email many times recently ! Emails went to junk folder automatically, and I guessed it is phishing.

But in this case, there is a big chance that a lot of people believe it, I mean it looks very realistic in nature, with the other links goes to MS site correctly !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.