a 20k pc for 24x7

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
I use my HP Dv6-6165tx almost like a desktop. I use a samsung 1080p monitor (hdmi) and wireless keyboard/ mice with it.
My laptop now has a samsung ssd and 8 gigs of ram.

The problem is, I'm done cleaning the cpu fan every month due to excessive dust accumulation. And hence I need a desktop.
I have a home inverter so UPS is not necessary.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
I work mainly on backups and transfer (high speed), Photoshop, AutoCAD, Android development, Browse the internet (with hundred tabs opened)
and little bit of Gaming (Max Payne 3, Hitman 2016, Farcry 4, Farcry Primal etc).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
My budget is 20k, max is 25k (Mobo, processor, RAM, PSU, Cabinet, SSD)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
Not really.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Windows 10 64 bit/ Linux

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
an SSD (probably Samsung SSD 120GB or whatever according to budget)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
No, already have a 24" 1080p monitor with HDMI.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
Keyboard, mouse, monitor, optical drive(DVD/BD Rom), UPS not needed.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
This month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
Yes, will do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
amazon or flipkart

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Won't go for Gigabyte Mobo (have bad experences). Will go for an UEFI mobo with USB 3/3.1[if within budget] header and HDMI, extra PCI-e for latter addons and minimum 4 sata 3 6GBps ports),
a good processor (CPU cache 6MB or more which supports virtualization- vmware vbox etc),
8/16 GB RAM (single channel, will add another later), and a small cabinet.
Will add graphics card later. The PC will run almost 24x7.

I have these in mind.

MSI H110M-PRO-VH PLUS 6th Generation DDR4 MotherBoard
Intel Pentium G4400 Skylake Dual-Core 3.3GHz Desktop Processor
Crucial CT8G4DFS8213 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 288-Pin Desktop Memory
Corsair CP-9020052-WW VS Series VS350 350 Watt Power Supply Unit (Black)

Any suggestions will be greaty appreciated.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -25K

Intel Pentium G4560 -5500,
MSI H110M-Pro-VH-Plus -4500,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -4500,
Antec BP350P -2500,
Cooler Master Force 500 -2500,
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD -5500.
TOTAL -25,000.

Don't ever go with Corsair VS Series PSU's.
G4560 is Kabylake Processor. So MSI H110M needs any Skylake Processor to upgrade the Bios to accommodate the Kabylake Processor.Ask the Vendor to do it for you.

OP
D

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Budget -25K

MSI H110M-Pro-VH-Plus -4500,
Antec BP350P -2500,
TOTAL -25,000.

Don't ever go with Corsair VS Series PSU's.
G4560 is Kabylake Processor. So MSI H110M needs any Skylake Processor to upgrade the Bios to accommodate the Kabylake Processor.Ask the Vendor to do it for you.
So, G4560 processor needs MSI H110M BIOS upgrade, does Amazon/ flipkart do this? and why not Intel Pentium G4400?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So, G4560 processor needs MSI H110M BIOS upgrade, does Amazon/ flipkart do this? and why not Intel Pentium G4400?
Since it's last gen and both processors are similarly priced.

Kabylake 4560 is equivalent to i3 7100 with 2 Hyper threading cores. So 2 physical + 2 HT = 4 cores.

Where as 4440 is only a Dual core processor.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
if it's literally a 24x7 rig .. then put more into PSU at least Antec VP550P specifically this model only.. and it will last good 4.5-5 years ( though warranty is only 2 years ).. watts are not important here but quality.. any other PSU below that may not last for more than 2-2.5 years with 24x7 usage ... and when a PSU fails it can kill other components with it as well

Rs 23,800

Antec VP550P - Rs 4300
MSI H110 pro vh plus - Rs 4500
Kingston UV400 120 gb - rs 4000 ( this one to save money , otherwise Samsung SSD's are faster, but expensive , check evo 750 or 850 120gb according to your budget check benchmarks and decide )
Pentium G4560 - Rs 5500
Corsair 8gb 2133 mhz - Rs 4500
Local case - 1000

you are left with 1000-1200 rs that you can put into either a better case or better SSD ... or none and save money you decide that .. or you can even put it in better PSU like this one

Seasonic S12II-430 S12II Series 430W Power Supply with 80+ Bronze Certification

will last good for 7-8 years with 24x7 usage ... and has a 5 year warranty .. but i am concerned about this PSU working correctly with your inverter/UPS because of this ..

PC Peripherals - UPS requirement for Seasonic 430 watts PSU

there is no gurantee that vp550p will work correctly with your UPS/inverter as well but there are good chances

Read reply from bootroom

UPS And PSU with APFC

and read snapdeal review from gaurav

Antec VP550P SMPS

G4560 is roughly equivalent to 6th gen core i3 performance or 2nd gen Core i5 2300 .. and is faster than G4400 by 35-40 % and not that far behind your laptop i7 ( 15 % slower ) in multithreading

in this price range you need all the performance you can get for android studio ..

This is why G4560 is in very high demand and is overpriced right now , it keeps going out of stock .. so it is better that you buy it while you can ASAP , otherwise it may again go out of stock .. you can take time in thinking/buying other components

Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560 (3M Cache, 3.50 GHz)

you should first ask the seller to update the BIOS and then send the motherboard to you .. most big sellers will easily do this .. Mobo manufactured after february will have updated BIOS , last case you will have to take it to service centre for updating BIOS

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Will add graphics card later. The PC will run almost 24x7.

Have you thought of which GPU to add later? If its 1060 or higher then 350W PSU will not cut it and you will have to again buy a PSU when you add the GPU. So I suggest either you buy a 550W or 620W PSU or go for HTPC GPUs which wont require beefier PSUs.

OP
D

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
if it's literally a 24x7 rig .. then put more into PSU at least Antec VP550P specifically this model only.. and it will last good 4.5-5 years ( though warranty is only 2 years ).. watts are not important here but quality.. any other PSU below that may not last for more than 2-2.5 years with 24x7 usage ... and when a PSU fails it can kill other components with it as well

Rs 23,800

Antec VP550P - Rs 4300
MSI H110 pro vh plus - Rs 4500
Kingston A400 120 gb - rs 4000 ( this one to save money , otherwise Samsung SSD's are slightly faster but expensive , check evo 750 or 850 120gb according to your budget check benchmarks and decide )
Pentium G4560 - Rs 5500
Corsair 8gb 2133 mhz - Rs 4500
Local case - 1000

you are left with 1000-1200 rs that you can put into either a better case or better SSD ... or none and save money you decide that .. or you can even put it in better PSU like this one

Seasonic S12II-430 S12II Series 430W Power Supply with 80+ Bronze Certification

will last good for 7-8 years with 24x7 usage ... and has a 5 year warranty .. but i am concerned about this PSU working correctly with your inverter/UPS because of this ..

PC Peripherals - UPS requirement for Seasonic 430 watts PSU

there is no gurantee that vp550p will work correctly with your UPS/inverter as well but there are good chances

Read reply from bootroom

UPS And PSU with APFC

and read snapdeal review from gaurav

Antec VP550P SMPS

G4560 is roughly equivalent to 6th gen core i3 performance or 2nd gen Core i5 2300 .. and is faster than G4400 by 35-40 % and not that far behind your laptop i7 ( 15 % slower ) in multithreading

in this price range you need all the performance you can get for android studio ..

This is why G4560 is in very high demand and is overpriced right now , it keeps going out of stock .. so it is better that you buy it while you can ASAP , otherwise it may again go out of stock .. you can take time in thinking/buying other components

you should first ask the seller to update the BIOS and then send the motherboard to you .. most big sellers will easily do this .. Mobo manufactured after february will have updated BIOS , last case you will have to take it to service centre for updating BIOS
Thank you for the detailed info. I'm not sure amazon is selling MSI H110 pro vh plus with the updated BIOS. Is there any other alternative? Just two days ago, a Gigabyte mobo failed for good just after 2 years, so, I'm little confused right now. It is urgent and my laptop is giving me cpu fan 90b error even after cleaning and changing Fan and grease (every week ). And I will be adding a gpu next month, so choosing a better PSU is also on my priority.

Also what kind of cabinet is available out there? (small, compact, and can easily sit behind my monitor).

I'm going to add 5k/month with this build for addons until there is nothing more to add, but have no idea about what I'm going to achieve. :(

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -28K

Asus H110M-A -6000,
Antec VP550P -4000,
TOTAL -28,000.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you for the detailed info. I'm not sure amazon is selling MSI H110 pro vh plus with the updated BIOS. Is there any other alternative? Just two days ago, a Gigabyte mobo failed for good just after 2 years, so, I'm little confused right now. It is urgent and my laptop is giving me cpu fan 90b error even after cleaning and changing Fan and grease (every week ). And I will be adding a gpu next month, so choosing a better PSU is also on my priority.

Also what kind of cabinet is available out there? (small, compact, and can easily sit behind my monitor).

I'm going to add 5k/month with this build for addons until there is nothing more to add, but have no idea about what I'm going to achieve. :(

First order G4560 , otherwise it may again go out of stock ..

that gigabyte mobo would still be in warranty , you can look into Asus motherboard then if you have concerns about durability..

any Asus H110 board with HDMI is fine .. i think the cheapest one with HDMI is Asus H110m-D .. but it may cost you around Rs 1k more than MSI..

motherboard you can buy locally then you can get to know if it has updated BIOS or not , otherwise you may have to take it to service centre for updating BIOS.. or may have to take it to some local Pc shop and pay them to update BIOS

MDcomputers.in , Theitdepot.com ,, primeabgb.com , theitwares.com call them up and ask if they can update the BIOS before sending .. and most likely they will ..

cabinet - ask bssunilreaddy

OP
D

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Budget -28K

Asus H110M-A -6000,
Antec VP550P -4000,
TOTAL -28,000.
Can you suggest me a 6th generation build without the hassle of availability and something little less costlier? Aren't AMD processor available these days? Can't AMD processor handle virtualization too? Also please suggest a smaller cabinet with a simple design (smaller the better).

First order G4560 , otherwise it may again go out of stock ..

that gigabyte mobo would still be in warranty , you can look into Asus motherboard then if you have concerns about durability..

any Asus H110 board with HDMI is fine .. i think the cheapest one with HDMI is Asus H110m-D .. but it may cost you around Rs 1k more than MSI..

motherboard you can buy locally then you can get to know if it has updated BIOS or not , otherwise you may have to take it to service centre for updating BIOS.. or may have to take it to some local Pc shop and pay them to update BIOS

MDcomputers.in , Theitdepot.com ,, primeabgb.com , theitwares.com call them up and ask if they can update the BIOS before sending .. and most likely they will ..

cabinet - ask bssunilreaddy
Some of the supported mobo are available at Amazon, but without warranty in India. And with the hassle of availability/ uncertainty and overpriced components , I'm looking for a 6th generation or AMD configuration instead.

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Can you suggest me a 6th generation build without the hassle of availability and something little less costlier? Aren't AMD processor available these days? Can't AMD processor handle virtualization too? Also please suggest a smaller cabinet with a simple design (smaller the better).

Some of the supported mobo are available at Amazon, but without warranty in India. And with the hassle of availability/ uncertainty and overpriced components , I'm looking for a 6th generation or AMD configuration instead.

it's a waste of money to consider any 6th generation processor or AMD processor at this price point ..
Pentium G4400 will feel underpowered for android Studio

The cheapest good AMD processor is Ryzen 3 that is launching on 27th and expected around Rs 8500 .. and that requires an external GPU as well.. Plus AMD virtualization isn't directly supported by Android Studio default emulator on windows yet .. you would have to use Gennymotion or android studio on linux ..

why are you looking at without warranty motherboards ?

Here just give a call to mdcomputers and ask them to update the BIOS on this..

MSI MOTHERBOARD H110M PRO-VH PLUS (INTEL SOCKET 1151/6 GENERATION SERIES CPU/MAX 32GB DDR4-2133MHZ MEMORY)

Here is a combo deal .. of updated BIOS motherboard + g4560 from primeabgb

Buy Online | ASRock Super Alloy H110M-HDVP + Intel G4560 Kaby Lake CPU | Price in India

but asrock generally isn't considered as reliable as Asus or Gigabyte for low priced boards .. their high end and mid range motherboards are good..

so just contact PRimebagb regarding this deal and ask for another board ... Asus H110m - D or or MSI H110 Pro VH plus ... if you want gigabyte then Gigabyte H110 S2PH

if you want absolute guarantee then you look into B250 board .. it will work with 7th gen cpu out of the box but you will be paying 3k more for this board and some extra features..

Last edited:

sumit05

In the zone
Go for these boards they support 7th gen out of the box;) So no tension.
GIGABYTE GA-B250M-D2V MOTHERBOARD

MSI B250M PRO-VDH MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME B250M-PLUS Motherboard

OP
D

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Do not buy pc parts from amazon.Buy from Mdcomputers or Vedanta computers only.
Can you please tell me the reasons? I really have no idea. Is there something I don't know? And Mdcomputers or Vedanta computers, they replace product if faulty. What about warranty issues ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can you please tell me the reasons? I really have no idea. Is there something I don't know? And Mdcomputers or Vedanta computers, they replace product if faulty. What about warranty issues ?
Amazon has overpriced pc components most of the time. Warranty is covered by the manufacturer.

OP
D

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Amazon has overpriced pc components most of the time. Warranty is covered by the manufacturer.
Thanks. But none of these online shops offer replacement and/or have refund policies. I guess I have to wait for availability of these products. Thanks to all of you people for your inputs. I'll probably go for B250M mobo and g4560.
I hope I will ask for your opinions once again about a GPU in the near future. :)

Flash

Lost in speed
You can also try eBay for certain components, as the price is lesser than Amazon - and you will also get 10%-12% coupons which will save you some money.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Thanks. But none of these online shops offer replacement and/or have refund policies.

If the product is faulty you will have to contact the Service centre of the Manufacturer for RMA - not the seller. Same goes for all the electronics. Last to last year I ordered a OnePlus 2 for my dad. There was battery issue in the brand new phone. When I called Amazon I was asked to contact OnePlus and they replaced it after inspecting it. Same goes for all Computer components. If Processor is DOA you gotta contact Intel or AMD not the online seller - I am sure everyone knows that.

OP
D

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
If the product is faulty you will have to contact the Service centre of the Manufacturer for RMA - not the seller. Same goes for all the electronics. Last to last year I ordered a OnePlus 2 for my dad. There was battery issue in the brand new phone. When I called Amazon I was asked to contact OnePlus and they replaced it after inspecting it. Same goes for all Computer components. If Processor is DOA you gotta contact Intel or AMD not the online seller - I am sure everyone knows that.
If the product is Amazon verified, Amazon will replace the product or give full refund within 10 days. I've got a new One Plus 3 as replacement (display issues) and I've written about this in this forum somewhere. Never had any issues with other pc components I ordered there. I know I will have to contact the Manufacturer for RMA but I'm really busy these days and there is no service center in my locality. Thanks for your info though.

I guess I have no other choice other than these mentioned shopping sites, however, the budget has become almost 30k with the mentioned components. A Rs4k product is being sold at >5.5k, that's really sad. I think for increased demand, Intel paused the production to increase the price- even i3 6100 is available at 8k. Doesn't make any sense really. It was easier to assemble a pc before.

Top Bottom