40 - 43 Inch FHD Smart TV For Home Use Within 53K

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi,
Need some help on buying a smart tv.

1. Budget?
Ans: Less than 55 K

2. Display type and size?
Ans:Full HD Smart TV between 40 - 43 inch ( My viewing distance will be approx 6 feet)

3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?
Ans:HD Movies, Channels, Sports,Youtube / Prime / Netflix

4. Ports Required?
Ans: 2 or more HDMIs and USB

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans:Sony, LG & Philips

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Ans:Sony KLV-40W562D, KLV-40W672E, LG 43LH600T & Philips 43PUT7690/V7

7. Any other info that you want to share.
Ans: Not sure whether to buy online or offline.Heard a lot of stories about running behind the CC for installation and paying extra.Will decide based on price difference.Had called up local Reliance store and found the price as follows:43LH600T - 51,990 including installation. They are not having 40W562D and suggested newer model KLV-40W672E at 52,990.

Would also like some suggestion if the size selected is right for my viewing distance of approx.6 feet.

Last edited:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Read some user comments that Philips model does not support screencast. Any work around for this?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
It would be very helpful someone could suggest on this or share some alternate models within these brands.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey, Can't comment on individual models but here are some pointers which hopefully will help in your purchasing decision.
1) Philips offer extra warranty at no extra price in offline stores.
2) LG doesn't provide free installation and demo if purchased online. You have to pay for those.
3) Sony TVs earlier had issues with mkv files. Check if that and HEVC videos are supported in the models you are considering.
4) Don't pay extra for smart features. Better to get Chromecast and other such external streaming devices.
5) Instead of Reliance Stores(proces tends to be higher) , check for stores like company owned showrooms, Vijay Sales etc. Also Reliance stores try to push their in-house extended warranty. Do not get that. Always buy extended warranties from the TV company itself.

jasku

In the zone
Buddy, you should go for one the VFM brands like Vu. You will get the size you are looking at around 21-24k. They come with 3 years warranty and honestly for your usage there is much difference between the grade A brands and these, would suggest you take a demo at Croma or Reliance Digital and see for yourself.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hey, Can't comment on individual models but here are some pointers which hopefully will help in your purchasing decision.
1) Philips offer extra warranty at no extra price in offline stores.
2) LG doesn't provide free installation and demo if purchased online. You have to pay for those.
3) Sony TVs earlier had issues with mkv files. Check if that and HEVC videos are supported in the models you are considering.
4) Don't pay extra for smart features. Better to get Chromecast and other such external streaming devices.
5) Instead of Reliance Stores(proces tends to be higher) , check for stores like company owned showrooms, Vijay Sales etc. Also Reliance stores try to push their in-house extended warranty. Do not get that. Always buy extended warranties from the TV company itself.
Thanks for your pointers ! Will keep in mind. About 4th point, If i go for a regular TV + chromecast, what will be the price difference? Would be helpful if you could suggest some models

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Buddy, you should go for one the VFM brands like Vu. You will get the size you are looking at around 21-24k. They come with 3 years warranty and honestly for your usage there is much difference between the grade A brands and these, would suggest you take a demo at Croma or Reliance Digital and see for yourself.

Understood what you are trying to say. But i would rather prefer to go with known brands. Thanks any way

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can anyone suggest on models mentioned in my OP? Also could use some details on non smart models also if that is the way to go.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Roku is an OS meant for smart TVs, it's miles better than any standard proprietary OS for TVs because it gets regular updates and has app support

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Roku is an OS meant for smart TVs, it's miles better than any standard proprietary OS for TVs because it gets regular updates and has app support

Thanks!. Still vary about models like Vu and TCL.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for your pointers ! Will keep in mind. About 4th point, If i go for a regular TV + chromecast, what will be the price difference? Would be helpful if you could suggest some models
Chromecast costs around 3.5k. The price difference between a smart model and a non-smart version(not available in all models.) can go as high as 10k. I recommend thing like chromecast is that OS on these smart TVs are proprietary and tend to be not supported for long. I have a Panasonic Smart Tv(3 years old) and the OS on it is very slow and very few apps available for it. Heard good things about Panasonic Shinobi series. Check those out. VU have few brick n mortar stores -Vu Televisions where you can check the TVs in person. Sorry can't help you with exact models. Haven't tracked TV models lately.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Chromcast, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku etc are devices meant for streaming contents to Tvs. Roku devices are not officially released in India.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
So can someone suggest some good models in smart or non-smart category or at least point me to some sites which will help?

Top Bottom