3g data to LAN without ICS? is it possible

schizophrenic

Broken In
Scenario
have a bsnl broadband onnection with 5gb limt after which the speed drops to 512 kbps. problem is that almost 12 windows pcs and 8-10 anrdroid devices are connected to it. so, speed goes for a toss and am finishing the 5gb in 1st 2 days. Android updates are also not helping my case.
Problem is that i donot have any other service provider in my area and have to stick with bsnl. mobiles are a different issue, airtel idea and voda have good networks. But the problem is that how to share the internet from a dongle over the lan.
I have tried ICS but the whole ip address configuring thing is a hassle and then the BSNL goes wonky. Is there any way i can plugin the dongle to the router / LAN port and share the connection?
am open even to raspberry pi (with guides tho)
--
got a dlink router with the dlink dongle but the stupid things cannot "see" each other. so 3g fallback is not working.
any pointers??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get tplink W8968 & a compatible supported 3g usb modem(check tplink india site for w8968 compatible 3g usb modem list).Or you can simply get BSNL 2mbps Unlimited broadband plan with no FUP for 1199(excluding taxes).
*www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BBG_ULD_1199.html

OP
S

schizophrenic

Broken In
hmm. sent in an application for that today itself. also ran a speedcheck. Getting 0.3 mbps down and 0.2 mbps up. Since its a saturday, recieved obligatory yeses from the bsnl office and will have to follow up on Monday.

As for the tp link, need to have that type of backup as BSNL being the govt addled behemoth, come rains i am looking at frequent downtimes. so specific models that have been tried and tested will be appreciated.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check comments on flipkart & amazon but as far as i know the compatible list of 3g usb modems on tplink India site for W8968 model should be enough.

Top Bottom