120mm wide rear tyre on Pulsar 135 LS?

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Pulsar 135 LS comes with rear stock tyre MRF Zapper C 100/90 17".

Would it be ok to fit a 120/80 17" on it??

Brand suggestions as well please..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Replacing the stock tires with larger ones is not recommended. It could affect the bike's mileage, power delivery and handling.

OP
Lalit Kishore

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Replacing the stock tires with larger ones is not recommended. It could affect the bike's mileage, power delivery and handling.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. But I have already upgraded to Zapper Vyde 120/80 and the trade off for the drop in pickup and mileage is more than compensated by the stability and the bike even managed to attain a better top end of 128kmph now..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Hey thanks for the suggestion. But I have already upgraded to Zapper Vyde 120/80 and the trade off for the drop in pickup and mileage is more than compensated by the stability and the bike even managed to attain a better top end of 128kmph now..

I doubt it. Weight of the bike is inversely proportional to the top speed. Anyway, A little advice for you in the spoiler.

bikes or girls, always ride with protection.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
A 100/90 tyre gives a tyre height of (90% of 100mm) which is 9 cms.
A 120/80 tyre gives a tyre height of (80% of 120mm) which is 9.6 cms. A higher tyre height overgears the bike.

In short, if it earlier used to touch 80 kmph @ "x" rpm in 5th gear, it will touch 85 kmph @ same rpm and same gear, after the tyre change.
Top speeds will increase and highway cruising will get comfortable, but this also means slightly less acceleration (pick up), although it will be minimal at this level.

This can be used to increase top speeds on bikes having an undergeared setup from company like Apache RTR and so.

However, I'm not sure if this can take this bike to 128 kmph. That's too high for a 135cc.

Top Bottom