To reset Administrator password in windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I wanted to install a software but Windows Smart Screen gave the "This app has been blocked for your protection" error. So, I created an admin account via cmd and installed the same. I have followed the same steps in the past too. But this time the admin account did not let me log in until and unless I created a password. So, I entered a random password, installed the software and everything is working. I disabled the admin account and then re-enabled it to see whether the password is gone or not but it is still asking for the same. Is there any way to reset the password from the admin account? The steps followed were like this-
Solved: This app has been blocked for your protection - Wiknix

Thanks

Sarvesh

Journeyman
If you have the administrative rights - which I believe you have because you are able to delete the admin account - then re-enable the admin account and remove password from it via settings.

Second method :
To remove a user's password at the command prompt, log on as an administrator and type:

1- type net user and press enter, find your username

2- type net user (your username) * and press enter

3- When you are prompted to type a password for the user, press enter.

4- The system prompts you to retype the password to confirm, press enter.

The password is now removed.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you have the administrative rights - which I believe you have because you are able to delete the admin account - then re-enable the admin account and remove password from it via settings.

Second method :
To remove a user's password at the command prompt, log on as an administrator and type:

Thanks for replying. The first command listed this-
Administrator DefaultAccount Guest
MY USERNAME
The command completed successfully.

Then I typed this net user Administrator * and pressed enter-

The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]
username [/ACTIVE: {YES | NO}]

It didn't ask for any password. What am I doing wrong here?

P.S. Is there an easier way of disabling Windows Smart Screen? What the hell does it do anyway besides blocking trusted softwares like Foxit pdf?

Sarvesh

Journeyman
At command prompt type
net user "administrator" *
Press Enter
It will ask to enter password.
Just press enter without entering any password.
It will again ask.
Just press enter once again without entering any password.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
At command prompt type
net user "administrator" *
Press Enter
It will ask to enter password.
Just press enter without entering any password.
It will again ask.
Just press enter once again without entering any password.
Nope. It doesn't ask for any password. Just what I posted above.

Sarvesh

Journeyman
P.S. Is there an easier way of disabling Windows Smart Screen? What the hell does it do anyway besides blocking trusted softwares like Foxit pdf?
Right Click on Start Menu Button/Logo >> Click on Control Panel in the Context Menu .
In the Control Panel go to System and Security >> Security & Maintenance >> Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" from the left-side pane.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Right Click on Start Menu Button/Logo >> Click on Control Panel in the Context Menu .
In the Control Panel go to System and Security >> Security & Maintenance >> Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" from the left-side pane.
Google also gave me that way to do it, but after the creator's update that option is not there anymore.

The password has been removed finally. The problem was when I logged in cmd as as admin cmd was showing the path C:\WINDOWS>, when I opened windows32 C:\WINDOWS\system32> and entered the command it worked. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Sarvesh

Journeyman
I have not yet upgraded to Windows Creator edition - planning to do so soon.
Meanwhile since your problem is solved, you can mark the thread as [Solved].

Ramnker

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I wanted to install a software but Windows Smart Screen gave the "This app has been blocked for your protection" error. So, I created an admin account via cmd and installed the same. I have followed the same steps in the past too. But this time the admin account did not let me log in until and unless I created a password. So, I entered a random password, installed the software and everything is working. I disabled the admin account and then re-enabled it to see whether the password is gone or not but it is still asking for the same. Is there any way to reset the password from the admin account? The steps followed were like this-
Solved: This app has been blocked for your protection - Wiknix
How to Reset Windows 10 Login Password if I Forgot

Thanks
Sorry , billubakra , before you mark the thread as " Solved ", can you answer my question?
Because i am not using Admin account , it is Microsoft , i want to reset my password according to what you said , is there a limit? as i know there are a different between Admin and microsoft account ,

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Sorry , billubakra , before you mark the thread as " Solved ", can you answer my question?
Because i am not using Admin account , it is Microsoft , i want to reset my password according to what you said , is there a limit? as i know there are a different between Admin and microsoft account ,

Limit of what kind? You can be an Admin without having a MS account.

BTW there is a very simple method to the question I asked in the original post. Will share it when I have access to a PC.

ttlowelc

Right off the assembly line

Second method :

The data associated with the account would be gone if you deleted the account, right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
upload_2017-9-26_12-22-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom