PC for 50-60k for editing and programming HELP

raj050

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Purely for editing photos and light videos along with this need it for programming like core JAVA and learning new languages and developing websites with 2 monitors support ( already have one 19inch syncMaster920nw)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50k and maximum can stretch 60k as I have to purchase a monitor too

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Looking for option of 128 SSD and 1tb regular hard disk

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have samsung syncMaster920nw 19inch and want to purchase a 20 - 24inch monitor for photo editing

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:samsung syncMaster920nw 19inch monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 15days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No I have always gone with branded one so new to this

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am new to editing and planning to start freelance work on web development too so it should be suitable machine and I don't want to invest too much also unless I can generate some income.

I need to buy UPS too so suggest one if you guys can on that too

Thanks you.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -76K

AMD Ryzen 5 1400 -12500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Antec VP550P -4500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4500,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB OC - 21000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -7500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS - 9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.

Total: 76,000.

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
Budget -76K

AMD Ryzen 5 1400 -12500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Antec VP550P -4500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4500,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB OC - 21000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -7500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS - 9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.

Total: 76,000.
Thanks for the reply .

Can I go with i5 processor ?
what about gigabyte motherboard ?
and lastly do I really need GTX1060 ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the reply .

Can I go with i5 processor ?
what about gigabyte motherboard ?
and lastly do I really need GTX1060 ?

If you want i5, you really should wait for coffeelake. (Still a R5 1600 would be much better in multi threaded tasks)
Your work doesn't requires a 1060. Don't know why he recommended it. You could very well do that with a 1030, but get a 1050ti at least to be on the safe side.

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
If you want i5, you really should wait for coffeelake. (Still a R5 1600 would be much better in multi threaded tasks)
Your work doesn't requires a 1060. Don't know why he recommended it. You could very well do that with a 1030, but get a 1050ti at least to be on the safe side.
Thank you for suggestions

Any idea when coffeelake processor is launching and price?

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
Would it really affect my operations to do few editing and programming work without a graphic card as Intel has inbuilt . plus I am not going to play any games

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
Look at the #4 post here

Thanks SaiyanGoku I again asked this specific question because a laptop repair guy whom I met recently suggested not to go to graphics cards unless we are into too much photo and video editing as built in will be more than enough but yes it will take 3 or 5 times more time to process

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why don't you see for yourself?In a desktop you can always add a graphics card later so build the system without graphics card & see how much time it takes for your editing works.If that's acceptable to you then don't buy graphics card.You can also compare the timings by doing same editing work on some friend/relative pc/laptop with graphics card to see how much time you will save with a graphics card like 1050Ti.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why don't you see for yourself?In a desktop you can always add a graphics card later so build the system without graphics card & see how much time it takes for your editing works.If that's acceptable to you then don't buy graphics card.You can also compare the timings by doing same editing work on some friend/relative pc/laptop with graphics card to see how much time you will save with a graphics card like 1050Ti.
A GPU does help as evident here:
(Don't ignore it just because of the title)
It comes down to OP whether he wants to get the Ryzen 5 now or wait for coffeelake.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know gpu helps but how much it helps depends on what kind of editing op does.If his work is not complex enough then maybe the difference won't be that much.e.g.if his usual editing takes around 5 min using integrated gpu but GTX1050Ti does it in 1 min then even though it is 5 times faster it still is not of much use to op unless op daily spends at least 2-3 hours on editing/rendering during which he wants to do other things too.e.g.if he doesn't want to do other things then too saved time by using 1050Ti is of not much use because you can always let the tasks run in night while sleeping.

OP
R

raj050

Broken In

Point taken will try this approach

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
A GPU does help as evident here:
(Don't ignore it just because of the title)
It comes down to OP whether he wants to get the Ryzen 5 now or wait for coffeelake.

Now that coffeelake processor is just 1-2 weeks from launch I am thinking of waiting. Any idea how long it might take to come to indian shops ?

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
I know gpu helps but how much it helps depends on what kind of editing op does.If his work is not complex enough then maybe the difference won't be that much.e.g.if his usual editing takes around 5 min using integrated gpu but GTX1050Ti does it in 1 min then even though it is 5 times faster it still is not of much use to op unless op daily spends at least 2-3 hours on editing/rendering during which he wants to do other things too.e.g.if he doesn't want to do other things then too saved time by using 1050Ti is of not much use because you can always let the tasks run in night while sleeping.

Yes I will try to go without external graphics first and see if its even required and then add it later if necessary because I will never use it for games

vivek g delhi

Broken In
Yes I will try to go without external graphics first and see if its even required and then add it later if necessary because I will never use it for games
Good choice. A friend of mine with a core i7 processor added a 1060 to the desktop. He says that photoshop editing time has hardly changed. The downside is that power consumption and heat generation inside cabinet has increased.
You may want to check out PugetSystems website for a comparative review of Intel vs AMD processors.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

OP
R

raj050

Broken In
Good choice. A friend of mine with a core i7 processor added a 1060 to the desktop. He says that photoshop editing time has hardly changed. The downside is that power consumption and heat generation inside cabinet has increased.
You may want to check out PugetSystems website for a comparative review of Intel vs AMD processors.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice.

Heard that from local vendors that even if intel launches COFFEE LAKE processor in next few days it will take atleast 2-3 months to get it in India with compatible motherboard . How true is this ?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Initially only Z370 boards are expected , so expect around 12.5-13k price for the cheapest motherboard( if they launch cheapest variants of z370 boards ) ..
budget and mid range boards are expected around February

things will become clear by tomorrow .. wait and watch

Last edited:
Top Bottom