Suggestions for a Mid Tower Gaming Case and a 650W PSU

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Got the Corsair Carbide Spec Alpha cabinet and RM750x power supply yesterday.
But the PSU power cord is with US pin and not with Indian standard pin.
Also the warranty is 7 Yrs only and not 10 yrs.
Would it be like that ?

Congrats ! :)
buy a good quality indian pin power cord ..

check PSU manufacturing/import date .. looks like it is old packaging ?

RMx was earlier 7 Years , Corsair later increased the warranty to 10 years

CORSAIR Extends Select PSU Warranties from 7 Years to 10 Years

see it is listed as 10 years on official worldwide pages as well..

RMx Series™ RM750x — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (EU)

Last edited:
OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
Congrats ! :)
buy a good quality indian pin power cord ..
Thanks Bro :) Bought one already

check PSU manufacturing/import date .. looks like it is old packaging ?
Import date on the packaging is Aug 2017 and the box has it printed as 10 Years warranty

RMx was earlier 7 Years , Corsair later increased the warranty to 10 years

CORSAIR Extends Select PSU Warranties from 7 Years to 10 Years

see it is listed as 10 years on official worldiwde page as well..

RMx Series™ RM750x — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (EU)

I bought it from ITDEPOT shop in Chennai and when he told that this PSU is with 7 years warranty, I questioned him why not 10 years as it's stated in Corsair Global website, for which he replied that it's 10 years only where Corsair directly have shops. As in India, it's distributed by some other dealer, the warranty is only 7 years as in his words.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks Bro :) Bought one already

Import date on the packaging is Aug 2017 and the box has it printed as 10 Years warranty

I bought it from ITDEPOT shop in Chennai and when he told that this PSU is with 7 years warranty, I questioned him why not 10 years as it's stated in Corsair Global website, for which he replied that it's 10 years only where Corsair directly have shops. As in India, it's distributed by some other dealer, the warranty is only 7 years as in his words.

good that you didn't get old unit and old box that says 7 year warranty ..

if this is the case then it would be very misleading , when the "box of indian unit " and the website clearly says 10 year warranty and there is no star with separate terms and conditions for India .. does the warranty card says anything different ?

RMA and distribution is handled by Kaizen.. even if Kaizen denies , you can email the matter to Corsair USA/global support and they will surely help

i think that retailer is providing wrong info .. for confirmation you can create a thread in Corsair Forums ..

if your itdepot retailer is same as Theitdepot.com then they are using screenshot of older RM750x specifications that lists 7 year warranty.. maybe this is why there is confusion ?

Buy Corsair RM750x 750W Fully Modular PSU (CP-9020092-EU) online best price in india at www.theitdepot.com

Last edited:
OP
ezio16

ezio16

Journeyman
good that you didn't get old unit and old box that says 7 year warranty ..

if this is the case then it would be very misleading , when the "box of indian unit " and the website clearly says 10 year warranty and there is no star with separate terms and conditions for India .. does the warranty card says anything different ?

RMA and distribution is handled by Kaizen.. even if Kaizen denies , you can email the matter to Corsair USA/global support and they will surely help

i think that retailer is providing wrong info .. for confirmation you can create a thread in Corsair Forums ..

if your itdepot retailer is same as Theitdepot.com then they are using screenshot of older RM750x specifications that lists 7 year warranty.. maybe this is why there is confusion ?

Buy Corsair RM750x 750W Fully Modular PSU (CP-9020092-EU) online best price in india at www.theitdepot.com

I'll create a thread in Corsair forum and confirm or check with Corsair support.
And yes, itdepot retailer is same as theitdepot.com. It's their own show room.

Top Bottom