Upgrading mobo-cpu-ram under 50k for programming.

ksk575

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly for heavy programming under linux.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50k, can't increase anymore.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Maybe in future but not now

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Dual booting Windows and Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have wd blue 2tb and 500gb samsung 850, no more space needed.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, i will use my current HP 22ES monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I already have seasonic m12II 620 psu, circle cc 821 cabinet and nvidia gt730 and mouse/keyboard.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Right now

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will assemble myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, yes i will buy everything locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: minimum ram is requirement is 16gb.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
You can easily run C/C++ on Pentium G series. But since you have a budget of 50 for CPU+MoBo+RAM you can go for Ryzen 5 since they have more cores than their Intel counterparts.

Ryzen 5 1500X - Rs. 14.5k + shipping charges to Mumbai
AMD RYZEN 5 SERIES QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 1500X - WITH WRAITH SPIRE COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 16MB CACHE, UP TO 3.7 GHz)

MotherBoard : GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-GAMING 3 - 8.2k at PrimeABGB
Buy Online | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 B350 Socket AM4 Motherboard | Price in India

RAM - 10k [RAM prices have just shot up. If I were you, I would get a single 8GB stick now and buy another of the same when the prices come down after 6 months or so]
Also, I suggested GSkill because most of their RAMs have no issues running at the specified MHz without tinkering with BIOS settings. You may opt for Corsair, Avexir or HyperX.
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2400MHz (F4-2400C15D-16GVR)
OR
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3000MHz (F4-3000C15D-16GVRB)

All of the above will cost you under 34k. You can spend the remaining the 16k on a GPU or you can go for a more powerful CPU (like Ryzen 7 1700).

OP
ksk575

ksk575

Right off the assembly line
You can easily run C/C++ on Pentium G series. But since you have a budget of 50 for CPU+MoBo+RAM you can go for Ryzen 5 since they have more cores than their Intel counterparts.

Ryzen 5 1500X - Rs. 14.5k + shipping charges to Mumbai
AMD RYZEN 5 SERIES QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 1500X - WITH WRAITH SPIRE COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 16MB CACHE, UP TO 3.7 GHz)

MotherBoard : GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-GAMING 3 - 8.2k at PrimeABGB
Buy Online | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 B350 Socket AM4 Motherboard | Price in India

RAM - 10k [RAM prices have just shot up. If I were you, I would get a single 8GB stick now and buy another of the same when the prices come down after 6 months or so]
Also, I suggested GSkill because most of their RAMs have no issues running at the specified MHz without tinkering with BIOS settings. You may opt for Corsair, Avexir or HyperX.
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2400MHz (F4-2400C15D-16GVR)
OR
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3000MHz (F4-3000C15D-16GVRB)

All of the above will cost you under 34k. You can spend the remaining the 16k on a GPU or you can go for a more powerful CPU (like Ryzen 7 1700).
Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -34.5K

AMD Ryzen R5 1600x -16500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000.
TOTAL -34,500.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@bssunilreddy - I found 18.7k to be the cheapest price for 1600X at mdcomputers.in. One still has to add the shipping charges from Kolkatta to Mumbai. Where do you quote 16.5K? If its a shop in Secunderabad, then I had contacted them once and they asked 1200 as shipping charges to Bangalore so I assume they will charge more than 1200 for shipping to Mumbai since OP is from Mumbai. So I think its best to suggest cheapest online price as compared to local prices. If a member is from Hyderabad or nearby city then your quote makes sense otherwise you only give false hopes to posters.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A note to everybody who wishes to help.For people in Mumbai,always quote prices from primeabgb online site as their shop is in Mumbai itself(Lamington Road). Nobody should be able to match most of their their prices including delivery charges at least in Mumbai unless it is Amazon or Flipkart giving some offer.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
A note to everybody who wishes to help.For people in Mumbai,always quote prices from primeabgb online site as their shop is in Mumbai itself(Lamington Road). Nobody should be able to match most of their their prices including delivery charges at least in Mumbai unless it is Amazon or Flipkart giving some offer.
No offence, they are the biggest chu**yas ever from my experience.
Note to OP prices are coming down, just wait till Diwali before upgrading.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you have issues with them over post-GST ram prices or something but they are quite a big & reputable shop not just in Mumbai but in India.I guess you got one of those unlucky situation but on an average they are recommended especially for people in Mumbai.

Top Bottom