Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@CRACING its good that you liked D5300. Regarding the LCD, I am fine with D7000 LCD. Although I use it only for changing settings and checking the pics. What is your purpose of LCD? I use viewfinder 99% time so didnt even check for tint ;)

CRACING

Journeyman
@CRACING its good that you liked D5300. Regarding the LCD, I am fine with D7000 LCD. Although I use it only for changing settings and checking the pics. What is your purpose of LCD? I use viewfinder 99% time so didnt even check for tint ;)
Not much useful for me either but I quite liked the warm color. It makes the pictures look better. :)

Only thing is, I shoot in RAW and sometimes I retouch or post process within the camera. If the color of camera lcd (Warm) and my pc monitor is different (cool), then changing white balance within camera will make the photos look more blueish in my monitor. This is just my thought and I will only know when I get the camera.

CRACING

Journeyman
^ Flipkart big billion sale starts tomorrow, right? and Amazon offers starts day after tomorrow. Grab one when you find a good offer.
Yep but I will probably buy from jj mehta seller via paytm, because he is authorized dealer of Nikon and his name is listed in Nikon India website. This way I won't have issues with warranty claims.

I guess the price will be around 38-39k for dual lens kit. Incase Amazon or flipkart lists for much lower price then I might consider.

Last edited:

raja manuel

In the zone
However, there is noticeable vignetting wide open in raw format.
How did you identify this? You were able to get the raw files from the store camera?

Another thing I noticed is the color of lcd. It looks little yellowish or warm. My D3200 had blueish lcd. I don't know why is it so. Shop keeper had no idea about this and I had no time to compare with other cameras. Today I researched about it online and found this article. Even the highend Nikon D4, D800 has such warm tint and Nikon says its accurate (Link). Do you have any idea about this?
No idea, except to say that this is why you don't set white balance or exposure based on the camera screen. Use a reference point to set these. The same issue affects the screens on which we see the photos later as well, so there is no point criticising colours in any one's photos unless both have a fully colour managed workflow.

CRACING

Journeyman
How did you identify this? You were able to get the raw files from the store camera?
I have set image quality to RAW and took sample shots at 18mm. In the camera screen I could clearly see vignetting in all four corners but it wasn't much visible stopped down to f5.6 and in jpg format.

My D3200 with AF-S 18-55mm didn't had such noticeable vignetting.

No idea, except to say that this is why you don't set white balance or exposure based on the camera screen. Use a reference point to set these. The same issue affects the screens on which we see the photos later as well, so there is no point criticising colours in any one's photos unless both have a fully colour managed workflow.

Indeed. Now I have doubt on my monitor color calibration and it is set to cool. :duh2:

raja manuel

In the zone
I have set image quality to RAW and took sample shots at 18mm. In the camera screen I could clearly see vignetting in all four corners but it wasn't much visible stopped down to f5.6 and in jpg format.

My D3200 with AF-S 18-55mm didn't had such noticeable vignetting.
The image you see in the camera screen is the JPG that is embedded in the raw file, which is no different from the plain JPG file (except maybe for resolution). You will not see differences between JPG and raw on the camera screen.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yep but I will probably buy from jj mehta seller via paytm, because he is authorized dealer of Nikon and his name is listed in Nikon India website. This way I won't have issues with warrant claims.

I guess the price will be around 38-39k for dual lens kit. Incase Amazon or flipkart lists for much lower price then I might consider.
D5300 + dual lens for 38k?

CRACING

Journeyman
The image you see in the camera screen is the JPG that is embedded in the raw file, which is no different from the plain JPG file (except maybe for resolution). You will not see differences between JPG and raw on the camera screen.
Hmm, but I think I saw vignetting being fixed when I set image quality to jpg fine. Anyway, will see it again once I get the camera.

D5300 + dual lens for 38k?

Yes, Paytm says there will be min 20% cashback for cameras starting from midnight.

D5300 + dual lens costs ~47.7k so effective price will be 38.2k and cashback of 9.5k will be credited to Paytm wallet.

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, Paytm says there will be min 20% cashback for cameras starting from midnight.

D5300 + dual lens costs ~47.7k so effective price will be 38.2k and cashback of 9.5k will be credited to Paytm wallet.
Okay, that's after adding coupons/special offer price. I thought it's without coupons or any offers.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I just checked Paytm. That 20% off is not instant. If the listing price of the product we buy is 50k, we have to pay the full amount and cashback will be credited in Paytm money after some time. At least can we withdraw/send that money to our bank account or we have to use that Paytm money to buy something from Paytm?

CRACING

Journeyman
Paytm sale is already live. You might want to do a quick comparison tomorrow and check the offline prices before you buy

I will wait till midnight for flipkart electronics sale. :)

Offline is 48k and they may give discount till 45k max.

I just checked Paytm. That 20% off is not instant. If the listing price of the product we buy is 50k, we have to pay the full amount and cashback will be credited in Paytm money after some time. At least can we withdraw/send that money to our bank account or we have to use that Paytm money to buy something from Paytm?

Yep, we have to pay full listing amount and after the product is shipped, cashback will be credited. To transfer cashback to bank account, Paytm charges 3%

My car insurance is due next month so I can use the cashback for renew. Otherwise it will be useful for me to pay electricity bills, landline bills and etc.

Also my paytm account is KYC verified so incase of refunds, I won't face issues such as funds stuck. FYI; KYC account has 1 lakh wallet limit and non-KYC has 20k limit.

Last edited:

CRACING

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Flipkart didn't give much discount (44.5k) and amazon is stuck at single lens kits. So after the midnight, I went ahead and bought the D5300 dual lens kit from JJ Metha via Paytm. Paid 49.5k in-which I will get ~10k cashback so effective price is 39.5k :)

I will update with quick review once I receive the camera. I also want to buy water geyser on Paytm so waiting for the cashback to be credited.

Thanks...
Best Regards

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yep, we have to pay full listing amount and after the product is shipped, cashback will be credited. To transfer cashback to bank account, Paytm charges 3%

My car insurance is due next month so I can use the cashback for renew. Otherwise it will be useful for me to pay electricity bills, landline bills and etc.

Also my paytm account is KYC verified so incase of refunds, I won't face issues such as funds stuck. FYI; KYC account has 1 lakh wallet limit and non-KYC has 20k limit.
Compared with flipkart and amazon, here we can withdraw paytm money. In that regard, it's good despite charging 3% for that. For 10k cashback, 3% is Rs. 300/-. Better assume it's 9700/- cashback instead of 10k.

CRACING

Journeyman
Compared with flipkart and amazon, here we can withdraw paytm money. In that regard, it's good despite charging 3% for that. For 10k cashback, 3% is Rs. 300/-. Better assume it's 9700/- cashback instead of 10k.

My camera has been shipped via bluedart and cb is credited. I have placed order for AO smith HSE-HAS 15L geyser and for that I'll receive ~1.3k cashback. :)

Reactions: nac
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
My camera has been shipped via bluedart and cb is credited. I have placed order for AO smith HSE-HAS 15L geyser and for that I'll receive ~1.3k cashback. :)
Paytm money has any expiry date or something like we have to use it on or before xy date?

CRACING

Journeyman
Paytm money has any expiry date or something like we have to use it on or before xy date?

I don't think there is expiry date as there is no such mention in their website or app. However, its best to be used within a year, especially cashback funds. If you open paytm bank account, then you'll get 4% per annum sb interest.

In Amazon Pay, gift cards (Thats what they call for cashbacks) has expiry date of 1 year and money that you add from cards has no expiry date.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom