Is it safe to buy Redmi Note 4 Now?

Hello,

to all of you.

Actually, I want to buy a Mobile in next some days, Firstly I though I would go for Redmi Note 4 because that fits perfectly in budget as well as it fulfills all the needs, but now from last some days there are some news coming in the media about the burn out happenings of the Redmi Note 4, also if you check the Flipkart Sale of Redmi Note 4 many units are still available to buy after so many days of sale. I want to ask from you Respected members Is it safe and worth to go for Redmi Note 4 now?, as I need a new phone urgently in next some days. Please advice.Thank you.

Regards,

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If it is written, it will happen. Period.
Personally I would suggest you to go for a phone with stock Android.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Considering the no. of Note 4 s out there, I would have expected more reports on explosion. Looks like singular cases to me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 May Have Exploded Due to 'Extreme External Force'

To be frank I would think thrice before believing anything coming from Indian media who circulates stories like 'mysterious braid chopper".

maheshn

Journeyman
Hello,

to all of you.

Actually, I want to buy a Mobile in next some days, Firstly I though I would go for Redmi Note 4 because that fits perfectly in budget as well as it fulfills all the needs, but now from last some days there are some news coming in the media about the burn out happenings of the Redmi Note 4, also if you check the Flipkart Sale of Redmi Note 4 many units are still available to buy after so many days of sale. I want to ask from you Respected members Is it safe and worth to go for Redmi Note 4 now?, as I need a new phone urgently in next some days. Please advice.Thank you.

Regards,

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

The Redmi Note exploding video posted by PhoneRadar was debunked thoroughly. The same video was peddled as an iPhone exploding, and an Oppo phone exploding in different places each time (once in Noida and once in Bangalore). All 3 were the same video! (However there was an incident/incidents where using 3rd party charger caused a Note 4 to get damaged.)

Link: Fake Video: It Was Not a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 That Exploded

Safe? Personal opinion - yes. Have been using it for some months now without issues. It has also got the Android 7.0 update now. The UI is a matter of choice - some like it, and some don't. I like the fact that one can change the look & feel completely by using themes.

P.S. I don't work for Xiaomi, or any of the companies involved. Opinions are strictly personal.

Flash

Lost in speed
Actually its only one instance on the alleged explosion of RN4, unlike Samsung Note 7 explosion fiasco - so i would say go for RN4 provided you use branded chargers to avoid any battery issues.
When it comes to MIUI, it's heavily themed over stock android mainly for easy usage and much more specific feature (ex: scrollable screenshot) built into it by Mi. But don't expect latest Android update in MIUI, as they recently updated to 7.0 via MIUI9. But you can always flash Custom ROM. :D

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yeah, its safe people are not showing more interest towards redmi note 4 as xiaomi may be launching redmi note 5 anytime soon.

Top Bottom