Graphics card

ARIF B SIYAD

Right off the assembly line
Does the zebronics g31 motherboard (DDR2 800 mhz,core 2 duo E8400 3.0 GHz cpu) support Nvidia gt 710 1 GB DDR3 graphics card? Anyone please reply

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Does the zebronics g31 motherboard (DDR2 800 mhz,core 2 duo E8400 3.0 GHz cpu) support Nvidia gt 710 1 GB DDR3 graphics card? Anyone please reply
Are you trying to assemble this config?
If yes, don't waste money on it.
If no, check the mobo manual if it has PCIe 2.0 x16 slot. GPUs go into that slot.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am using that combo, my graphic card keeps crashing (at least 4 or 5 times a day).

I have troubleshooted for weeks before sending the unit to Zotac. I have RMAed, even the replacement acts the same way.

Flash

Lost in speed
I am using that combo, my graphic card keeps crashing (at least 4 or 5 times a day).

I have troubleshooted for weeks before sending the unit to Zotac. I have RMAed, even the replacement acts the same way.
Problem with latest nvidia drivers? @Hrishi experienced some issue with latest drivers.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Problem with latest nvidia drivers? @Hrishi experienced some issue with latest drivers.
Thank you. I have been using for about 6 months and I have tried more than half a dozen drivers. As one of our digitian said, it may be because of an old system (too old) for GT710.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is generally not a good idea to match hardware from such different generations(core2duo+GT7xx). In fact go for 2nd hand/used more powerful gfx card of similar generation than buying a much newer generation gfx card.

Reactions: nac

Hrishi

Not with the GTX1060, only had issues with bunch of their WHQL drivers in 316-320.xx releases when they messed with BOOST. Kepler cards encountered lots of issues back then.

From what it looks like @nac should probably consider sharing the bsod or logs to see what maybe causing this. Of its the driver or some other kernel panic, leak, etc.

And as Whitestar said, it's really a bad idea to match a legacy hardware with new. Lots of incompatibilities.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It is generally not a good idea to match hardware from such different generations(core2duo+GT7xx). In fact go for 2nd hand/used more powerful gfx card of similar generation than buying a much newer generation gfx card.
Wish I was told before buying :(
From what it looks like @nac should probably consider sharing the bsod or logs to see what maybe causing this. Of its the driver or some other kernel panic, leak, etc.
Not a lot of BSOD. That's the only reason I am still using it. The crash I was talking about is, screen going BLACK and comes back after few seconds (5-20 sec). When it takes too long, then it ends up with BSOD.

Yeah, sure. I can share BSOD logs and crash logs.

Top Bottom