Surge Protector

meetdilip

Computer Addict
It is not recommended to use a single stabilizer for the whole home. If the voltage goes down, it will disconnect power to all the house. Instead, if you use one stabilizer per precious device, it will work locally.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It is not recommended to use a single stabilizer for the whole home. If the voltage goes down, it will disconnect power to all the house. Instead, if you use one stabilizer per precious device, it will work locally.

All I am asking is the make or model of the same as I was not able to find it in the market.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Since they are not listed online, it's hard to help in that aspect. My answer was just an addendum to the above reply. More like a suggestion :)

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz

isn't that the whole point of voltage stabiliser ? .. voltage stabilizier comes in as low variants as 90 volts .. so if you receive 90v even then stabilizer will increase it to 200-220v .. if you are receiving even less than this then what is the point of that electricity , that can be harmful to components ? even a bulb would be very dim at those voltages .. most inverters would have shifted to backup mode by this voltage point in time ...

unless you buy some cheap voltage stabiliser that can only do like 160volts and above and you are receiving less than that , but that is the problem of not buying correct speced stabilizer for your needs , .. and when you will buy separate voltage stabilizers for TV ,fridge , AC , computer , washing machine total cost wouldn't be that far apart from main line one ..

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
1) Vguard

then there are stabilizers from brands like Whirlpool , Microtek etc you can look into those ...

just decide on what input range voltage you need and pick what's available from above brands ..

prioritise Vguard though.. Bluebird is also a decent brand

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
@gta5

No. It will simply cut out power ( including lights ) if voltage goes below preset value

yes that is good .. at 90v ( presuming you have a stabilizer that supports 90v )if it wasn't for the stabiliser your inverter itself would cut off mains output/switch to backup mode otherwise.. i am saying there is no problem/disadvantage between mains one vs standalone one if they are of right specs.. just a matter of convenience and which one suits more ..

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
That's a step up transformer, not a stabilizer.

mostly all stabilizers available in market are step up transformers/automatic voltage regulators ..

that easily accepts input voltage from 90v and above and will increase and output a voltage ranging from 200-230v

check the links ...

Vguard - VGMW 500 | Mainline Voltage Stabilizer

Microtek EML 3090 Voltage Stabilizer For Mainline (10 Amps) (90V ~ 300V)

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Go with somewhat reputed brands like V-Guard or Belkin or APC or CyberPower.

I have given based on price to price ratio.
Next comes the brand or reputation value.

PS: Nobody can beat the supremacy of American innovation in this sector though they are mass produced in China.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom