5-star or inverter ac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

avanildutta

Journeyman
Hello guys i am planning to buy an AC pretty soon.. but i am confused whether to go for 5star or inverter. Coz the price difference is almost 12-15k. My main concern is the electricity bill should be easy on my wallet coz the one that i currently have is a 3star. And my bills during summers are sky high.. as compared to winters. I will be using it almost 24x7. If not than atleast 16hrs daily. So is 5-star ok or should i go for inverter type. Plus any other merits of inverter acs. I am noob in such things so any advice would be helpful.. And yeah in plain english as i am no expert in technical stuff.. Thanks..

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
When we bought one there was huge power fluctuation, we had to use booster stabilizer to even run the machine. In our case power consumption would be same for 3 and 5-star. If you have similar issue, these stars can't do a lot with power consumption.

OP
avanildutta

avanildutta

Journeyman
When we bought one there was huge power fluctuation, we had to use booster stabilizer to even run the machine. In our case power consumption would be same for 3 and 5-star. If you have similar issue, these stars can't do a lot with power consumption.
So you mean to say i should opt for an inverter ac..?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
So you mean to say i should opt for an inverter ac..?
Again, this technology means you save little more than 5-star, right? Not as the name suggest, it will run even when there is no power. or Am I wrong?
If you're not in a hurry, check out bijlibachao. They have articles for pretty much every home appliances.

This calculator gives me a recommendation of 5 star for 3-year pay back. If I opt for inverter ac, the amount I save (in electricity bill) per month would be around 100/-
Inputs - 160sq.ft, direct sunlight on ceiling and west YES, 16hrs a day, 365 days a year.
Air Conditioners with Inverter technology can help save electricity : Bijli Bacha

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get inverter AC.What is you room size?

Sharp AH-X18PET 1.5 ton-42k.
Daikin 1.5 Ton Inverter FTKP50PRV16-48k

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you are planning to use the AC for for than 12 hrs a day buy non other than the Daikin FTKM/ATKM series or the Hitachi Kashikoi series. They chill and saves the most electricity among all ACs.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Inverter AC is the only way to go if you'd like to save on energy/electricity bills.

The name is a misnomer,which has nothing to do with power shut or load-sheddings and AC will run even after such incident.
Simply put once power is off/gone,inverter AC shuts down or is off.

tekiagadi

Broken In
According to me, 5-star air conditioner is the best thing to buy. It is better to buy 5-star rated Voltas air conditioner.

OP
avanildutta

avanildutta

Journeyman
Forgot to update.. Bought voltas inverter ac long back. I guess in April last week. And yes its very energy efficient, very quite and i am satisfied with my purchase. It does what i thought it to be.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Forgot to update.. Bought voltas inverter ac long back. I guess in April last week. And yes its very energy efficient, very quite and i am satisfied with my purchase. It does what i thought it to be.

Great! good to know.

OP
avanildutta

avanildutta

Journeyman
Cool, how much savings per month during summer ?
Dont know exact. Earlier while using my 3star ac bills were total around 6~7k during summers. Now its around 3.5~5k. The total house household bill with things like one another 5star ac used by parents say 6-7 hrs daily, 1 refrigerator, 2 leds, pumps, my pc & other normal stuff. Cant say specific figures as i am noob in that area.. Btw my ac ran not less than 20hrs. Even if not at home someone was always in if not than my pet..

Vs1

Right off the assembly line
Inverter technology air conditioners are variable speed/ variable tonnage air conditioners and thus operationally they are quite different from regular air conditioners that have single speed compressors and single tonnage.

I found an excellent guide about Inverter Air Conditioners: Inverter AC - Everything you need to know about Inverter Air Conditioner

Minion

Conversation Architect
5 Star ac is preferable. I'm a refrigeration engineer since 1980. At theoutset, I can confidently say that a 5 star a/c is preferable. An A/C with a 5 star rating has been designed and manufactured to have ahigh thermal efficiency of the heat exchangers and low losses of induction etc

Inverter is far better than 5 star ACs they are way efficient.

Crysty

Right off the assembly line
Yes, I too agree to inverter AC. Because using Ac can make an impact over significantly increase the electricity bill. And also it needs right insulation of the room where the air conditioner is used. If using Inverter Technology for air conditioners can save 30-50% of electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom