Compatibilty between MoBo and RAM of my choice

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Is this for real?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Really!!! I don't think they will let us keep it. If that's the deal, everyone loves to receive wrong item ;)

You can use this or sell it to someone and use the fund to buy 1600x or even 1700.

I was shocked too when the Customer Service representative told me that its a mistake from the shipping department of Amazon.in and a CPU (for that matter any Computer Components) comes under non-returnable items. But they will refund the cash I paid since it's their mistake and I quote the representative "You can dispose of the received product, Sir.". I was shocked that the 5k Amazon cash reflected in my account yesterday night. I also went through the return policy on the Amazon.in webpage and the part about Computer components being not a non-returnable product is true. Link to the what items can't be returned :
Amazon.in Help: About Items that can't be Returned
I am just waiting for the 15k to reflect in my credit card so that I can place the order for 1600X again.

But my dilemma is - should I go for 1600X now that I have received this 1600 for practically Rs.0 :D ? I went through some videos on Youtube yesterday and today. Most of those channels (like LinusTechTips, Hoosier Hardware and so on) are of the opinion that for price to performance of 1600 is better than 1600X. So should I place an order of 1600X after I receive the 15k back in my credit card?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, I heard desktop including PC components are non returnable (meaning you won't get refund), but that doesn't mean non replaceable.

It's your choice, you can use and spend the money to take a trip or sell and buy something else.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah, I heard desktop including PC components are non returnable (meaning you won't get refund), but that doesn't mean non replaceable.

It's your choice, you can use and spend the money to take a trip or sell and buy something else.
Yeah they can't replace the product but I have already received SMS & email that refund has been initiated & 5k Amazon pay is back in my Amazon account. What do You think? Should I still buy a 1600X?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What do You think? Should I still buy a 1600X?
You can use this or sell it to someone and use the fund to buy 1600x or even 1700.
Seems like you're on cloud nine, and you see only what you want to see and leaving the rest. ;) Read the last few posts after few days, by then you will start seeing (hopefully) the whole posts and realize that your questions are already answered.
or I am not saying something you want to hear? :chinscratch:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep it actually if 1600X is what you want to buy. You got almost the same CPU for free.

Otherwise sell your 1600. Buy 1700X. But don't sell it for buying a 1600X.

;)

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Seems like you're on cloud nine, and you see only what you want to see and leaving the rest. ;) Read the last few posts after few days, by then you will start seeing (hopefully) the whole posts and realize that your questions are already answered.
or I am not saying something you want to hear? :chinscratch:

Hey I know I might be as you said "on cloud nine" or any other idioms which convey the same message :D. But I just want to know if there is much difference between 1600 and 1600X. Because I had never thought about any other Processors than 1600X when I decided to upgrade to Ryzen and then this happened with Amazon. I have to know if I buy 1600X then will it give me significant performance gains. Thats the views/opinions I want to know - although the past few days of research on YouTube and TomsHardware has given me a new insight into the price to performance aspect of the 2 Ryzen 5 CPUs which have put me in a Catch-22. Or maybe even a innovative or a way that I had not thought of - thats what forums are for. And @ico just proved me right! Thanks @ico for the suggestion. I never thought of 1700 or 1700X can be in my reach now. Again thanks a lot @ico for both of your POVs. I'll definitely opt for either one.

Reactions: nac

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I got an invoice from Amazon but it states 1600X not 1600.

The S/N (or same thing with different nomenclature) mentioned in invoice should match with the one on box.
You got it for free. I don't see any reason to sell it off or something like that for 1600x 1700x etc. etc. Keep it as god's grace, its good enough for all everyday tasks. Don't spend anything on proc anymore.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
So finally my build is over and the particular RAM runs at 2133 MHz even after the latest BIOS update for AGESA 1.0.0.6a. Guess overclocking is the only option or go for ASRock X370 board.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So finally my build is over and the particular RAM runs at 2133 MHz even after the latest BIOS update for AGESA 1.0.0.6a. Guess overclocking is the only option or go for ASRock X370 board.
Did you buy a Samsung B-die RAM?

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I bought a 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM. I can't find if the RAM is made by Samsung or Hynix. Checked the box thoroughly but no info regarding that.

Top Bottom