Do small sized mini USB WiFi Adapters work reliably?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have TP Link 721N USB WiFi adapter, but what I am looking for now is a cheap (up to 300 - 400 Rs) mini USB WiFi adapter that's very small in size. There are a few available on Amazon (Looks non branded or probably chinese)

They may not come with any software CD (as reported in some reviews)
Usually do they work out of the box with Windows 8.1?

My built in WiFi on laptop has given up and I am looking for very small sized USB WiFi something like this pic

*image.ibb.co/ev1Wa5/usb.jpg

Hrishi

Most of them should. I remember having a D-Link one, which worked without a dedicated drivers.
Besides, you can always use generic drivers available for them.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm using Leoxsys wifi dongle. It came with a driver cd. The dongle is working fine on Win 7, 8 and 10. I am also using edup dongle for my Raspberry pi for over three years. No problem yet.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
These Unbranded dongles works just fine - actually better sometimes than branded ones. Had TP link dongle which used to get disconnect after a heavy use of 4 - 5 hours.

Anyway, used 2 unbranded ( Ralink Technology, Corp. ) such dongles so far and they are working good for over 7 months. Both have MTK chipset.

thatsashok

peace panda
OK. Here is the story.

My local ISP rain cable brought in some rainwater along with internet into my Gbe router and shorted electricity entered my Mobo along the Ethernet cable. Damages cost me 10k thanks to wonderful RMA of many components i bought.

Then i moved to TP-Link 300Mbps dongle and never cared about rains. No problem streaming HD content from NAS and decent pings on online multiplayers. So reliability comes with the brand you want to invest in.

TP-Link, D-Link have more VFM than other products.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I'm using Leoxsys wifi dongle. It came with a driver cd. The dongle is working fine on Win 7, 8 and 10. I am also using edup dongle for my Raspberry pi for over three years. No problem yet.
Same for me also.
I have used the Leoxysis mini wifi dongle both in Win-7/8.1/10 + Linux(Mint) without any issues.

ankushv

Journeyman
I'm using tplink WiFi dongle for two years. . No problems .

Sent from my Spice Mi-498H using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have TP Link 721N USB WiFi adapter, but what I am looking for now is a cheap (up to 300 - 400 Rs) mini USB WiFi adapter that's very small in size. There are a few available on Amazon (Looks non branded or probably chinese)

They may not come with any software CD (as reported in some reviews)
Usually do they work out of the box with Windows 8.1?

My built in WiFi on laptop has given up and I am looking for very small sized USB WiFi something like this pic

*image.ibb.co/ev1Wa5/usb.jpg
You can go with this:
*s21.postimg.org/c4jt1s3rr/screenshot-www.amazon.in-2017-07-03-03-54-57.png

Top Bottom