Gaming PC (Ryzen) Specs Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am at SP Road now enquiring for RX 570. Found in a shop but the cost is 25.6k. I have to buy a card today so roamed the entire SP Road. Forget the Radeon even there are almost no stocks for nVidia cards. Zotac 6GB 1060 Amp edition is for 25k inc taxes. Finally got Galax EXOC 6GB 1060 for 22k.

Same zotac card is going for 22k on mdcomputers.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am at SP Road now enquiring for RX 570. Found in a shop but the cost is 25.6k. I have to buy a card today so roamed the entire SP Road. Forget the Radeon even there are almost no stocks for nVidia cards. Zotac 6GB 1060 Amp edition is for 25k inc taxes. Finally got Galax EXOC 6GB 1060 for 22k.
Will they reduce the prices after a month or so?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks Guys. Is it advisable to wait for the 570/580 cards? Any timeframe when they might be back in stock?

@Digital Fragger
I will post the exact model numbers+photos of the parts before buying. Give me time. I am still looking for a decent case and a FreeSync LCD from Samsung.
No one knows and waiting is not worth it. Just get the GTX 1060 6GB. It's on par with RX 580 in performance and lot more efficient at power consumption comparatively. If you cannot find a gsync monitor at same price range, get the freesync one though you won't be able to use the feature with nvidia card. You can upgrade to an AMD card down the line.

Decide on the resolution, panel and refresh rate of the monitor. What games will you be playing ? I bought the LG 24GM79 recently. It's freesync, full hd, 144Hz. The panel is TN so it ain't winning any competitions but the monitor is decent so far in use for gaming. For other stuff I'd say it is just ok. If you will be playing latest single player games, try to get a decent IPS, full HD monitor. GTX 1060 will easily handle most of the stuff at full HD resoultion at decent framerates at high/ultra. If you have plans to upgrade gfx card 1 or 2 years down the line, I'd suggest getting 1440p monitor now.

If funky cases is your style look into the corsair spec alpha or spec 04. I've bought deepcool dukase v2 because i wanted minimalistic look. It comes with only 1 fan though but have provisions for 2 front and 2 top. I've bought extra 2 front intake fans. So that would add up to case cost.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@Digital Fragger @ico @whitestar_999 @gta5 @bssunilreddy @SaiyanGoku @saikiasunny @Vineet Sharma @Stormbringer

Hi Guys,
Finalized the below parts. I have mentioned the online prices too. Please give it a go, so that I can compare them with the market prices and order today.

Motherboard (Really confused with this)
Asus Prime B350 Plus- 8125/- itdepot 1 year warranty
Asus Prime B350-Plus 7th Gen AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard- 8230/- itdepot 3 years warranty. Is this one for Ryzen? Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard
mdcomputers is selling one for 7900/- is that compatible too? www.mdcomputers.in

Ram(Not able to find the 8gb with 3000mhz anywhere, found the below one)
9392/- CORSAIR DESKTOP RAM VENGEANCE SERIES - 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz RED LED (CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R)

Processor-Ryzen 1600
10400/- Getting it from @ssb1551
*i.imgur.com/iWOAuqP.jpg
*i.imgur.com/aOzQAAC.jpg

Hdd
3355/- *www.theitdepot.com/details-Western...+Desktop+Hard+Drive+(WD10EZEX)_C12P24121.html

Monitor
9095/- *www.theitdepot.com/search.html?keywords=LG+22MP68VQ+monitor
or
10900/- *www.amazon.in/Samsung-LS24E310HL-X...284261&sr=1-3&keywords=samsung+gaming+monitor
Which is better in terms of quality and what's the warranty for both? Is the latter one Freesync too?

PSU
5565/- *www.mdcomputers.in/seasonic-520-wa...l?search=Seasonic S12II 520w&description=true

Case (Is the case below compatible, as in will it fit, the other components? Please suggest one or two more also till 4k)
3145/- *www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair...1+Red+LED+Mid+Tower+Gaming+Case_C5P21288.html

Gfx- Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb (Which company's gfx should I buy Zotac, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus or some other) The below one's are the cheapest that I found-
*www.mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-gtx-10...6gd.html?search=gtx 1060 6gb&description=true
*www.mdcomputers.in/zotac-gtx-1060-mini-6gb-gddr5-zt-p10600a-10l.html (It says Mini, what does that mean)
*www.mdcomputers.in/msi-gtx-1060-6gt-ocv1.html
*www.mdcomputers.in/msi-gtx-1060-6g-oc.html
*www.mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-gtx-10...6gd.html?search=gtx 1060 6gb&description=true
Found these too, they are indeed in stock. I confirmed via phone-
*www.vedantcomputers.com/sapphire-pulse-radeon-rx-570-4gb-ddr5?search=rx 570
*www.vedantcomputers.com/dual-rx580-o4g?search=rx 580

Planning to get/order all the above items before 30th June as GST rates for monitors is 28%. Processors were coming under 12.5% CST, I am sure that their rate is atleast 18% if not 28%. Every component is going to be expensive under "Digital India"

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Hey,

You can get any of those motherboards. The link for RAM you gave says out of stock. Processor is your call. Usually processors last very long so getting second handed is not a problem if it has been used properly.

Good PSU. I have the same one but it is not modular in case you want a modular for better cable management. Not a big deal for me as my case has PSU shroud so everything is tuckered under. Yup the case is good to go for the motherboards you have selected. You are going with Full ATX form factor, just in case you are not familiar with sizes the case will be bigger than the what it appears to be in the pictures. In case you want to look at smaller form factors look at Micro ATX motherboards and cases.

Not sure of the Samsung monitor but LG one is good.

The Mini versions of GTX 1060 are same as regular ones except they are smaller and have only one fan. RX 570 at 15k is very good vfm especially if you are going with freesync monitor. RX 580 4gb at 19k is good. GTX 1060 at 21k is also good. You won't go wrong with any of these. I went with RX 570 because it is can pull 90% fps of what RX 580 or GTX 1060 are capable of at significantly cheaper rate. Also I'll will be upgrading 2-3 years down the line anyway. In case you won't be doing that, get the GTX 1060 6gb as it's as good as RX 580 and got extra VRAM which you may need in the future.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my experience mobo is one component that really deserves a 3 years warranty so I would never suggest any mobo that comes with less than 3 years warranty.However it is strange that ITDepot is giving 1 year warranty on that asus mobo.Are you sure it is not a typo/mistake on their or your part because I have never heard of a retail desktop mobo from big 3(asus,gigabyte,msi) with 1 year(or even 2 years) warranty,it is always 3 years?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hey,

You can get any of those motherboards. The link for RAM you gave says out of stock. Processor is your call. Usually processors last very long so getting second handed is not a problem if it has been used properly.

Good PSU. I have the same one but it is not modular in case you want a modular for better cable management. Not a big deal for me as my case has PSU shroud so everything is tuckered under. Yup the case is good to go for the motherboards you have selected. You are going with Full ATX form factor, just in case you are not familiar with sizes the case will be bigger than the what it appears to be in the pictures. In case you want to look at smaller form factors look at Micro ATX motherboards and cases.

Not sure of the Samsung monitor but LG one is good.

The Mini versions of GTX 1060 are same as regular ones except they are smaller and have only one fan. RX 570 at 15k is very good vfm especially if you are going with freesync monitor. RX 580 4gb at 19k is good. GTX 1060 at 21k is also good. You won't go wrong with any of these. I went with RX 570 because it is can pull 90% fps of what RX 580 or GTX 1060 are capable of at significantly cheaper rate. Also I'll will be upgrading 2-3 years down the line anyway. In case you won't be doing that, get the GTX 1060 6gb as it's as good as RX 580 and got extra VRAM which you may need in the future.

Thanks a lot dear. What is ATX factor? I will ask about the prices of the same from market.
Is the Samsung monitor Freesync one?

In my experience mobo is one component that really deserves a 3 years warranty so I would never suggest any mobo that comes with less than 3 years warranty.However it is strange that ITDepot is giving 1 year warranty on that asus mobo.Are you sure it is not a typo/mistake on their or your part because I have never heard of a retail desktop mobo from big 3(asus,gigabyte,msi) with 1 year(or even 2 years) warranty,it is always 3 years?

3 year warranty. It was a typo. So, Asus or Gigabyte?

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer

I have bought the same MoBo from Theitdepot. It comes with 3 yrs warranty.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have good experience with gigabyte mobo after sales support so go with whatever you prefer as a brand.I have good experience with asus after sales support too but it was for their laptop.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Here are the rates from the market

Ryzen 1600- 16400

Corsair 2400mhz 8 GB red-4400

Corsair 3000 mhz 16 GB black- 9000

How much difference will 600mhz make? And what does red, black mean?

Lg freesync- 8500

WD 1tb blue-3300 2tb-5100

Zotac gtx 1060-23500

Zotac gtx 1060 amp-25000 the shopkeeper said that the amp one has 2 fans that's the only difference

If there is not any major difference between gtx 1060 cards of Asus etc.then can I go for the cheaper one's? He said Zotac is THE BEST.

Asus b- 6975

Gigabyte- 7050

550w- 3600(the brand name he said is korsis)

2 crap looking corsair cases were for 3500 each. Is there any warranty for cases?

I was also told that people from Audi's, Lamborghini's are coming to buy the Rx 570/589 etc. He said that they don't even ask for invoice just bulk discounts. When I asked what do they do with them. He said its something called bitcoin mining which is hard to explain.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Ram makes some difference. Check the last post in this thread and decide if you think the extra performance is worth it. critique my Ryzen build - added RYZEN BENCHMARKS!!

Which boards are those for 6975 and 7050? Gigabyte gaming and gaming 3 are different boards, so check which one you want and which one you are getting.

Get a good brand PSU, the seasonic s12II is good one. I'm not sure of korsis.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Ram makes some difference. Check the last post in this thread and decide if you think the extra performance is worth it. critique my Ryzen build - added RYZEN BENCHMARKS!!

Which boards are those for 6975 and 7050? Gigabyte gaming and gaming 3 are different boards, so check which one you want and which one you are getting.

Get a good brand PSU, the seasonic s12II is good one. I'm not sure of korsis.

Thanks. Will check your thread in a bit. The Asus and Gigabyte which I have mentioned in the last post. Unfortunately he had the korsis 550w brand only. Moreover the prices that he quoted were inclusive of assembly charges. What do you think of the gfx price?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks. Will check your thread in a bit. The Asus and Gigabyte which I have mentioned in the last post. Unfortunately he had the korsis 550w brand only. Moreover the prices that he quoted were inclusive of assembly charges. What do you think of the gfx price?
Check the graphic card prices on ITDepot/mdcomputers and decide.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am going to buy gfx, psu, case and processor(from a digitian) online, rest locally. Please see if the choices are fine or not-
gfx
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB GDDR5 Graphic Card (GV-N1060IXOC-6GD)
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 MINI 6GB GDDR5
GIGABYTE GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1060 AMP! Edition Graphic Card
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini Graphic Card

Should I go for the cheapest one from the above? What does "Mini" version mean?

Psu- Seasonic 520w as suggested to me is OOS everywhere, they are saying that it will be available in mid July. The 550w one is way too expensive now. Any alternative for this?
SMPS
PSU ( Power Supply Units)

Case- Have asked IT depot for the shipping charges of the below case. Amazon was selling it for 3200/- two days back :(
*www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair...1+Red+LED+Mid+Tower+Gaming+Case_C5P21288.html
Will the above case fit all the components that I am buying?

Processor- from @ssb1551

Parts from local store-
Ram- Corsair 3000mhz 16gb
HDD- 2tb-5200 price increased by Rs. 100 :(
Monitor- LG 22MP68VQ is almost final but I am skeptical that I will be able to take advantage of Freesync as the gfx will be of Nvidia. So, should I go for it or for some other model?
Motherboard- Asus Prime B350 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom