India bans sale of unproductive cattle for slaughter

Ronnie012

Earthling
you can start asking them, if dog eating is enjoyed there ? or would they mind if our dear naga brother goes there slaughters and cooks a few dogs & cats at home ?
I know many naga brothers who don't eat dog meat and abhor dog meat. So first of all stop generalizing Naga=Dog Meat eater.

Secondly I find it funny how people worship cows but rape women.

By the way nagaland is considered the safest place in India for women.

‘Women are safest in Nagaland’

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
well, all of those are animals & that leaves with you 3 options.

1. eat it.
2. get eaten by it.
3. do neither of the above.

someone's pet is someones treat. it's all relative.
I'll add a 4th one.
4. Get offended because "holy cow" and assault/kill people.

Cow is considered to be a holy animal in India, by a significant chunk of the population. Many people worship the cow and treat it as a pet animal. They love it like a family member. Killing/slaughtering cows hurts the sentiments and religious beliefs of such people. Hence, the beef bans are totally understandable.

In a democracy, laws made according to the will of the majority of the population.

Eating pet animals (dogs, cats) is very common in some cultures. If these people go to countries where killing pet animals for food is not permitted, they'll have to follow the law.

Logic has absolutely nothing to do with it.

For a child born in a particular culture, eating dogs seems like a very natural thing.

For a child born in another culture, it is an abhorrence.

Technically, both are right. It is simply a matter of perspective. Even though a majority of the world considers dog meat as a taboo, more than 25 million dogs are slaughtered for meat every year.

Dog meat was consumed during periods of hardship in some countries such as Germany. However, it is now banned.

Laws are formed according to the will of the majority. This is known as democracy. A majority of Indians are opposed to cow slaughter. Hence, beef is banned.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a democracy, laws made according to the will of the majority of the population.
And you seems to forget that is decided by some kind of election/referendum.Until majority of India votes to ban cow slaughter,it is just a random act for politics.And even if it is chosen by majority of people,remember majority is not always right.A few hundred years back,majority of the western civilization believed that Sun revolves around the Earth & not the opposite.

And you seems to forget that is decided by some kind of election/referendum.Until majority of India votes to ban cow slaughter,it is just a random act for politics.And even if it is chosen by majority of people,remember majority is not always right.A few hundred years back,majority of the western civilization believed that Sun revolves around the Earth & not the opposite.

Yes,

I am very aware that the majority is not always right. Some people might argue that killing animals for food is not 'right' as it is cruel. Also, meat consumption creates a much larger carbon footprint so it is not good for the planet on the whole.

'Right' and 'Wrong' are very relative terms.

Is abortion Right? Probably not. But it is practiced in India as the population is ballooning out of control. It might be the 'right' decision for our country but it might be a crime elsewhere.

Is killing a human being right? Capital punishment is still applicable in many countries.

America voted Trump to be president. Is this Right? I don't know. Time will tell. But it is the will of the majority of the Americans.

Similarly, beef ban is the will of the majority of Indians. People who don't support this are free to protest. We live in a democracy after all.

The resolution to ban beef is passed by the Government of India/State, which was elected into power by the people of the country. So it is not random at all.

966 million Indians consider the cow to be sacred. I personally don't believe that the cow is holy. However, I cannot prevent somebody from worshiping/loving it. Simply as I cannot prevent people from worshiping other Gods.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The resolution to ban beef is passed by the Government of India/State, which was elected into power by the people of the country. So it is not random at all.
In that case,as per you,SC was wrong in capping reservation to 50% limit because it was after all decided by the elected govt of the day & SC does a wrong thing daily by restricting govt to not allow reservation over 50% whenever it tries to do something similar.I guess SC is also wrong to hear cases about any govt decision because after all,as long as it is taken by an elected govt,govt decision can never be wrong as per you.

966 million Indians consider the cow to be sacred.
Why not 666 million,why not 999 million,or do you like 966 number better than others.:lol:

In that case,as per you,SC was wrong in capping reservation to 50% limit because it was after all decided by the elected govt of the day & SC does a wrong thing daily by restricting govt to not allow reservation over 50% whenever it tries to do something similar.I guess SC is also wrong to hear cases about any govt decision because after all,as long as it is taken by an elected govt,govt decision can never be wrong as per you.

Why not 666 million,why not 999 million,or do you like 966 number better than others.:lol:

966 Million is the population of the religious group that considers the cow to be a holy animal.

SC passes judgement based on the law (constitution). However, laws are made/amended/scrapped by the elected representatives of the people - The Govt.

As I said, right and wrong are very relative terms. Eating tigers would be considered 'wrong' and illegal in India as it is the national animal. However, tiger meat is relished in some other countries.

You are free to contest the beef ban and if you're lucky, it will be overturned in the courts. That is the beauty of democracy.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
966 Million is the population of the religious group that considers the cow to be a holy animal.

SC passes judgement based on the law (constitution). However, laws are made/amended/scrapped by the elected representatives of the people - The Govt.

As I said, right and wrong are very relative terms. Eating tigers would be considered 'wrong' and illegal in India as it is the national animal. However, tiger meat is relished in some other countries.

You are free to contest the beef ban and if you're lucky, it will be overturned in the courts. That is the beauty of democracy.

Can i get a source for that number? Seems way too high.

Can i get a source for that number? Seems way too high.

upload_2017-6-23_16-48-5.png

This was way back in 2011. I wouldn't be surprised if the number has crossed the 10 digit mark by now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supreme Court main function is to check the judgements/laws made by the govt because govt is not always right.It's a very good thing that SC has acted in people's interest when it mattered the most even if it means going against the govt of the day.Without SC,reservation would have been 80%,it would have been mandatory to chant shlokas in schools,sanskrit would have been made a compulsory language in all schools(govt or pvt) & anybody claiming hindu gods do not exist would have been charged with damaging Indian culture & sent to jail.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Supreme Court main function is to check the judgements/laws made by the govt because govt is not always right.It's a very good thing that SC has acted in people's interest when it mattered the most even if it means going against the govt of the day.Without SC,reservation would have been 80%,it would have been mandatory to chant shlokas in schools,sanskrit would have been made a compulsory language in all schools(govt or pvt) & anybody claiming hindu gods do not exist would have been charged with damaging Indian culture & sent to jail.

Why is the reservation so high in the first place? Sometimes i really hate this country.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SC/ST reservation was there from the beginning when constitution was written & it is justified in a limited way.OBC reservation was the product of VP Singh govt vote bank politics that pushed the overall reservation to 50% & whose effects we still see in all these agitations by various groups like jats,patiyadars etc for OBC reservation.

icebags

Technomancer
may be they should just arrange a vote from country population to sort this thing out.

during next election they should add 2 more buttons in evm with cow and no cow signs. :))

Top Bottom