All laptop related queries here!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This one has Windows 10 pre-installed: Buy HP 14-AM081TU 14-inch Laptop (Core i5 6th Gen/4GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/Integrated Graphics), Turbo Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

This one has newer gen CPU but it's without Win 10: Buy Dell Inspiron 15-3567 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 7th Gen -7200U/4GB DDR4L/1TB HDD/ DOS) Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have a Dell laptop the DVD drive of which has stopped working. I have another Toshiba laptop with a working DVD drive. Can I remove the DVD drive from the Toshiba laptop and install it in the Dell one? Are all internal DVD drives of the same size so that they can be changed from one laptop to another?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
1) What is your budget? (INR)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15 inch, not too heavy.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Web surfing, making reports (An eco masters student will use it), No gaming

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

None specifically though I have used Lenovo y50 so far. After sales service is good to have.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

900p if possible would be great. Also a non ulv proccy will be godsend! :)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Michael Jackson

Right off the assembly line
I have a Dell, but it's very heavy. When I need to take it to the classroom, I am very reluctant. So I want to change a laptop for me. First of all, it must be easy to carry, and not prone to error. Who can recommend a laptop? My friend recommended a Toshiba laptop to me and let me read this site. Best Laptop for College Students in 2017 Buying Guide What do you think of Toshiba laptops? I'm still hesitant.
I would like to change a laptop, who has a good idea? Please hurry up to help me.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have a Dell, but it's very heavy. When I need to take it to the classroom, I am very reluctant. So I want to change a laptop for me. First of all, it must be easy to carry, and not prone to error. Who can recommend a laptop? My friend recommended a Toshiba laptop to me and let me read this site. Best Laptop for College Students in 2017 Buying Guide What do you think of Toshiba laptops? I'm still hesitant.
I would like to change a laptop, who has a good idea? Please hurry up to help me.
Fill the questionnaire. Ignore that article.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
1) What is your budget? (INR)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15 inch, not too heavy.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Web surfing, making reports (An eco masters student will use it), No gaming

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

None specifically though I have used Lenovo y50 so far. After sales service is good to have.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

900p if possible would be great. Also a non ulv proccy will be godsend! :)

Thanks in advance!

Bump.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
oops sorry..
940mx @53k
MSI GAMING LAPTOP CX62 7QL (i7-7500U/4GB/1TB HDD/GTX940MX 2GD3/15.6" ANTI-GLARE FHD/DOS)

Selling a 40k worth laptop for 54k. MSI India: ripping people off, just like forever.
Bump.

Buy Asus X541UV-XO029D 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/DOS/2GB Graphics), BLACK Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
Lenovo 310 Core i5 6th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) IP 310 Notebook Rs.41990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo 310 Core i5 6th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) IP 310 Notebook Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Buy HP 15-ay554tu Portable 15.6-inch Laptop (6th Gen Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/Integrated Graphics), Turbo Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Compromise with the ULV proccy and 768p screen. Sorry mate but we are in India. You won't get a good laptop without getting ripped off.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Selling a 40k worth laptop for 54k. MSI India: ripping people off, just like forever.

Buy Asus X541UV-XO029D 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/DOS/2GB Graphics), BLACK Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
Lenovo 310 Core i5 6th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) IP 310 Notebook Rs.41990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo 310 Core i5 6th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) IP 310 Notebook Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Buy HP 15-ay554tu Portable 15.6-inch Laptop (6th Gen Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/Integrated Graphics), Turbo Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Compromise with the ULV proccy and 768p screen. Sorry mate but we are in India. You won't get a good laptop without getting ripped off.
Yeah I know , hence I said if possible. Thanks btw. Best place to buy OS at a good rate? The asus one seems to come with dos only.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
mentioned here

GST Impact: Mobiles, Computers to Get Pricier, Gaming Seems Unaffected

and will most likely increase to 28 % after GST .. PC parts will see a bigger hike in price because it was low till now ..

Last edited:

BhargavJ

In the zone
My laptop's DVD drive has stopped working, so I will have to buy an external DVD drive. I'll need one that can boot a Linux Live CD, and I'll be burning DVDs now and then. Any suggestions on which one to buy?

BhargavJ

In the zone
It's a Dell laptop. A local shop has Transcend and LG External DVD writers for Rs. 1650. Are the external drives of all brands pretty much the same or are some better than others?

BTW, I booted into Diagnostics at startup and performed a check for the DVD drive, and it passed the test. I don't know what exactly is wrong with it. As soon as I pop a DVD in, nothing happens, no spinning or anything. If I double-click the icon in explorer, it ejects the tray and asks me to insert a DVD. Using a tool (I've forgotten the name) shows "no media present" (even after inserting a DVD). I've searched on Google and tried a few remedies, but nothing worked - I don't have the upper / lower filters entry in registry which is recommended to be deleted; I've tried cleaning the lens; I've tried moving the head to reset itself - but it still won't work. If you have any other suggestions, please do tell. :)

BhargavJ

In the zone
How will GST affect External DVD drives? Prices will increase / decrease? I checked online but prices seem to be the same.

Top Bottom