Criticize my Ryzen Build - added RYZEN BENCHMARKS!!!

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
The MSI price is nice .. i couldn't find a good review of it , VRM , thermals, noise , ?

If they are fine , then really any of them seems good.. .. i'd still pick Sapphire pulse Rx 570 though.. let others give their opinion as well.. if you want to run it overclocked , then you can go with nitro+ for better cooling

Last edited:
OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks everyone. Just placed order for Pulse RX 570. Should arrive before saturday. The only item that was pending. Probably have to get couple of case fans don't know how many dukase comes with. Didn't open the box yet. Ordered everything without second thought but was confused selcting Gfx card, Cabinet and motherboard. Thanks ya'll for the help. :)

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Genuine question : Why go for a 144hz monitor when your setup can handle 60fps @ 1080p for most games. Wouldn't going for a cheaper 75hz free sync monitor and beefier gpu make more sense?

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I just realized I can't use
Genuine question : Why go for a 144hz monitor when your setup can handle 60fps @ 1080p for most games. Wouldn't going for a cheaper 75hz free sync monitor and beefier gpu make more sense?
CSGO :)

Also Monitor I consider it as long term investment. Gfx cards come and go, monitor stays on for at least 2 to 3 cycles.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

Well, it actually depends on which type of games you play. If you only care about single player, beautiful games like GTA 5 (not multiplayer), Tomb Raider, Far Cry series, Assassins Creed etc. then IPS 60-75Hz panel is more suited.
However, if you are into heavy online competitive games like CSGO, Doom multiplayer, Overwatch etc., then having a 144Hz panel gives you a big advantage on your competitors.

@Digital Fragger the build images are not visible. There is just a big negative sign coming up. Maybe the pics didn't upload correctly? please reupload!

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
What happened to RX 570s? My friend is also looking for one and we are not able to buy anywhere offline or online unless we shell out at least ~18k and that too the retailer is not 100% sure if we'd get. Thanks @gta5 for giving me source to buy the RX 570 at 15k. It went out of stock on vedant too the next day I bought one. Do you have any other online source at similar price?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah you are lucky you bought it in the nick of time

most amd cards are out of stock or overpriced because miners are buying in large quantities due to recent mining craze and the situation is not likely to improve for some time

Radeon RX 580's Now Cost More Than a GeForce GTX 1070 Due to Cryptocurrency Mining Demand

Last edited:
OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Benchmarks!!!

Geekbench scores (Averaged on two trials at each setting)

benchmark number - CPU speed , Ram Speed - Single core score - multi core score - memory score - Comments

1. CPU Stock, Ram 2133Mhz - 3900 17950 4143 - Baseline.
2. CPU Stock, Ram 2933Mhz - 4171 18827 4880 - ~5% gain in single core and multi core performance over baseline with RAM running at higher speed.
3. CPU 3.7Ghz Ram 2933Mhz - 4271 20050 4946 - ~2.4% gain in single core performance over benchmark 2, 6.5% gain in multi core performance over benchmark 2.
4. CPU 3.8Ghz Ram 2944Mhz - 4400 20600 4943 - ~5.5% gain in single core performance over benchmark 2 ,9.5% gain in multi core performance over stock benchmark 2
5. CPU 3.7Ghz Ram 3200Mhz - 4310 20250 5170 - ~10.5% gain in single core performance over baseline. ~13% gain in multi core performance over baseline. 1% gain over benchmark 3 with slight bump in ram speed.

Ram running at 16-18-18-38 timings. Rated for 1.35V volts but had to adjust voltage to 1.39 to get stable 3200Mhz. Ram compatibility is still wonky with the motherboard and hopefully bios updates from gigabyte fix the issues.
There is ~6% increase in performance with Ram running at 3200Mhz compared to 2133Mhz. Another 6% increase in performance with CPU frequency OC to 3.8Ghz.

I am running at the system at benchmark 5 settings as I found it as sweet spot for performance, temperatures and voltages required. I was able to push the CPU to 3.9Ghz and probably would be able to 4Ghz if I'm lucky and push the voltages but didn't. No silicon lottery on the CPU but not a bad chip either.

Most interesting part for me is CSGO performance
At benchmark 1 settings CSGO: 210 Average fps
At benchmark 5 settins : 350-400 Average fps.

There were couple of game updates between the tests and a BIOS update which upgraded the firmware etc. So not sure what made the drastic difference in performance.

Hope the information is useful. :)

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Benchmarks!!!

Geekbench scores (Averaged on two trials at each setting)

benchmark number - CPU speed , Ram Speed - Single core score - multi core score - memory score - Comments

1. CPU Stock, Ram 2133Mhz - 3900 17950 4143 - Baseline.
2. CPU Stock, Ram 2933Mhz - 4171 18827 4880 - ~5% gain in single core and multi core performance over baseline with RAM running at higher speed.
3. CPU 3.7Ghz Ram 2933Mhz - 4271 20050 4946 - ~2.4% gain in single core performance over benchmark 2, 6.5% gain in multi core performance over benchmark 2.
4. CPU 3.8Ghz Ram 2944Mhz - 4400 20600 4943 - ~5.5% gain in single core performance over benchmark 2 ,9.5% gain in multi core performance over stock benchmark 2
5. CPU 3.7Ghz Ram 3200Mhz - 4310 20250 5170 - ~10.5% gain in single core performance over baseline. ~13% gain in multi core performance over baseline. 1% gain over benchmark 3 with slight bump in ram speed.

Ram running at 16-18-18-38 timings. Rated for 1.35V volts but had to adjust voltage to 1.39 to get stable 3200Mhz. Ram compatibility is still wonky with the motherboard and hopefully bios updates from gigabyte fix the issues.
There is ~6% increase in performance with Ram running at 3200Mhz compared to 2133Mhz. Another 6% increase in performance with CPU frequency OC to 3.8Ghz.

I am running at the system at benchmark 5 settings as I found it as sweet spot for performance, temperatures and voltages required. I was able to push the CPU to 3.9Ghz and probably would be able to 4Ghz if I'm lucky and push the voltages but didn't. No silicon lottery on the CPU but not a bad chip either.

Most interesting part for me is CSGO performance
At benchmark 1 settings CSGO: 210 Average fps
At benchmark 5 settins : 350-400 Average fps.

There were couple of game updates between the tests and a BIOS update which upgraded the firmware etc. So not sure what made the drastic difference in performance.

Hope the information is useful. :)

Thanks dear. Will get the 3000mhz ram. 2400mhz's were available in red and blue and 3000mhz's in black. What difference does the colors make? Since I am getting a Nvidia card, so should I go with Freesync monitor or not since Freesync is Amd's proprietary technology and it may not work well with Nvidia cards?

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Gigabyte gaming 3 seems to have VRM temp issues with overclock ..

B350 VRM temps • r/Amd

VRM temps.

Gigabyte Gaming 3 VRM temps. • r/buildapc

see if you can get .. Asus Prime B350 plus

I was going to get Gigabyte Gaming 3 just because of the dual bios. Should I switch it with Asus?

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I was going to get Gigabyte Gaming 3 just because of the dual bios. Should I switch it with Asus?
I've been running moderate OC with the Gigabyte board with no problems. You can go with Asus board. You will be missing on ALC 1220 audio and dual bios. If those are not something you are looking for, go with Asus board.

Top Bottom