Acer Aspire VX or Dell Inspiron 7567?

monkey

Padawan
I am gonna exchange my laptop on Flipkart and have zeroed in on 2 models: Acer Aspire VX 15 and Dell Inspiron 7567 (Core i7). I'll be using this laptop for everyday work and some gaming (like CoD etc.). Aspire is costing me 72k after exchange and Dell will cost 72.3k. Both are good enough but Dell has better GFX card and no SSD and average panel as compared to Acer. Which one should I opt for? Can somebody help me in deciding?

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
TBH, I won't recommend any of the high end laptops in India since we are getting ripped off.

It's true but then its not possible to get laptops from US anytime and without worrying about warranty. I have only seen Asus providing International warranties on its laptops (and I am also considering that). But with exchange offers for your very old laptops some deals here too become good.

Anyways I just want to know which deal looks better overall- Acer or Dell?

If you haven't used a gaming laptop (or any other high end laptops) earlier, you won't feel that the Dell's panel is bad. I'm using a Dell 7559 & was using a Lenovo Y500 earlier. While making a switch I did notice that the colours were a bit faded but I increased saturation & was somewhat fine with it, now I'm adjusted to it. Anti-glare coating also made the switch a bit easier.

For gaming the GTX 1050Ti will make an appreciable difference. So I would suggest getting Dell 7567 & an additional 120GB M.2 SSD.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
If you haven't used a gaming laptop (or any other high end laptops) earlier, you won't feel that the Dell's panel is bad. I'm using a Dell 7559 & was using a Lenovo Y500 earlier. While making a switch I did notice that the colours were a bit faded but I increased saturation & was somewhat fine with it, now I'm adjusted to it. Anti-glare coating also made the switch a bit easier.

For gaming the GTX 1050Ti will make an appreciable difference. So I would suggest getting Dell 7567 & an additional 120GB M.2 SSD.

Can you add M.2 SSD alongwith existing HDD to Dell 7567?

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I read on the net that you can have either SSD or HDD in Dell but not both, although it has provision for both. Is that correct?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I read on the net that you can have either SSD or HDD in Dell but not both, although it has provision for both. Is that correct?
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 7567 Gaming Notebook Review

Storage Device
The Inspiron 7000 Gaming comes with two storage devices. The primary drive is an M.2 SSD with a capacity of 256 GB. It achieves decent read rates of 486 MB/s and write rates of 423 MB/s. The secondary drive is a 1 TB HDD operating at 5400 RPM. Transfer rates of about 115 MB/s can be expected from it.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 7567 Gaming Notebook Review

That's for US/European model. If I add SSD (in addition to existing HDD) to Indian model then I am not sure it will be recognised (as some buyers have reported) as Dell might have disabled the controller for SSD port. Also, will I be able to change the boot drive to this SSD because, I think, Dell's recovery will try to install OS and drivers on the HDD only.

Do you know someone who has successfully added SSD to this laptop?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That's for US/European model. If I add SSD (in addition to existing HDD) to Indian model then I am not sure it will be recognised (as some buyers have reported) as Dell might have disabled the controller for SSD port. Also, will I be able to change the boot drive to this SSD because, I think, Dell's recovery will try to install OS and drivers on the HDD only.

Do you know someone who has successfully added SSD to this laptop?
Highest version of 7567 sold in India has the m.2 slot enabled since it comes with a 256 GB ssd. Ask/tweet Dell India cc if that's not the case with lowest version and share conversation here.
I'd delete any OEM "recovery" the second I get a laptop since it uses space and I manually backup whatever I need.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I just talked to Dell guy and he informed me that I can add SSD later. Now I need to find the compatible SSD. Also I learnt that the laptop is fitted with Seagate Firecuda hybrid drive so there can be some advantage also over regular 5400 rpm drive.

I just talked to Dell guy and he informed me that I can add SSD later. Now I need to find the compatible SSD. Also I learnt that the laptop is fitted with Seagate Firecuda hybrid drive so there can be some advantage also over regular 5400 rpm drive.
I have Dell 7559 which also had a 5400 rpm hydrid drive. Except for lower boot time compared to regular 5400 rpm HDD, there's no advantage of that hybrid drive. I bought a SSD few days after buying the laptop & cloned OS drive to it.

Trust me, SSD >> SSHD

Top Bottom