Gaming PC under 200K

asciif00

Broken In
Just wanted to game smoothly at 1440p with all the bells and whistles. Below is my requirement :

. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Main purpose would be play latest games properly on mid or high settings at 1440p and 144hz.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 2lakh. I can't spend more than this.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10 pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB should be fine, as i have a couple of hard disks. But most importantly i want to add an SSD for installing OS and other important softwares.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. a good quality 1440p 27 inch, 144HZ IPS panel.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse, Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By end of this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm looking for a Ryzen build. Just had a look at some of the shops in Lamington Road a few days back.
I got the following quotes from various dealers.

AMD R7 1700 - 24500
ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS - 8000
Kingston Hyperx 3200 MHZ 8gbx2 Kit - 9500
Seagate 2TB - 5000
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB - 7000
ZOTAC 1080 Ti AMP! Edition - 59500
Corsair 200R - 4100
Seasonic S12II 620W - 6400
Acer XB271HU - 67500
HyperX Cloud Core - 3700

I got these prices from the following shops.
PrimeABGB
Computer Selection
PC Guide
MCCANN
MAC IT
Neo Dynamics.

Basically these guys quoted in and around this price.
I also got prices for the following additional.

ASUS PG279Q - 71000
Deepcool Dukase V3 - 5000
Deepcool Kendomen - 4800
Kingston Hyper X 2400MHZ 8gbx2 - 8900
MSI 1080 Ti Armor edition - 61500
ZOTAC 1080Ti Founders Edition - 58000

Now there are 2 problems, The Acer Monitor will take about 5 to 6 weeks to be delivered (Confirmed by PrimeABGB)
The ASUS monitor will take about 5 to 6 days and the deepcool cases will take about 2 weeks to be delivered.

So I have a few questions, is this a good enough build in terms of dollar to FPS @ 1440P are there better options than this? Also, keep in mind that I won't be overclocking this at all. Main uses for this build will be Gaming and some VMWARE work.

89praveen

Broken In
200k.. seriously ???
U can build a killer gaming pc !!
Just put more time in modding and asthetic look of pc !! ...I guess budget is not ur issue..

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Change the SMPS to something higher. Higher capacity smps will be more silent
Go for amp extreme, it will run cooler in Indian tempratures
Obvioulsy also get Noctua cooler , nh-d15, it will cool and stay silent.

Everything else is good. Also can spend on making it look kick ass.

water cooling looks good, but you risk water leaks. if you are ready for this, go for it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -198K

Processor - AMD R7 1700 -25000,
Motherboard - Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
GPU - Zotac GTX1080 8GB Amp -55000,
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED -3000,
HDD - WD Caviar Blue 2TB -6000,
PSU - Seasonic M12II 620w -8000,
Cabinet - Deepcool Dukase V2 -5000,
Monitor - Asus PG279Q 27" GSync IPS -71000,
SSD - Crucial MX300 250GB -7000.
TOTAL -1,98,000.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
A

asciif00

Broken In
200k.. seriously ???
U can build a killer gaming pc !!
Just put more time in modding and asthetic look of pc !! ...I guess budget is not ur issue..

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Well if I can save anything below 200K it will go towards my steam wallet, so thinking about cutting down on aesthetics.

Change the SMPS to something higher. Higher capacity smps will be more silent
Go for amp extreme, it will run cooler in Indian tempratures
Obvioulsy also get Noctua cooler , nh-d15, it will cool and stay silent.

Everything else is good. Also can spend on making it look kick ass.

water cooling looks good, but you risk water leaks. if you are ready for this, go for it.

Prime quoted me 11,500 for Noctua NH D-15. Is it really VFM? should I spend this much?

Budget -198K

Processor - AMD R7 1700 -25000,
Motherboard - Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
GPU - Zotac GTX1080 8GB Amp -55000,
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED -3000,
HDD - WD Caviar Blue 2TB -6000,
PSU - Seasonic M12II 620w -8000,
Cabinet - Deepcool Dukase V2 -5000,
Monitor - Asus PG279Q 27" GSync IPS -71000,
SSD - Crucial MX300 250GB -7000.
TOTAL -1,98,000.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

AMD R7 1700 - 24500
ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS - 8000
Kingston Hyperx 3200 MHZ 8gbx2 Kit - 9500
Seagate 2TB - 5000
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB - 7000
ZOTAC 1080 Ti AMP! Edition - 59500
Corsair 200R - 4100
Seasonic S12II 620W - 6400
Acer XB271HU - 67500
HyperX Cloud Core - 3700
Total - 1,95,200

I have seen in a few reviews that the stock cooler on Ryzen 1700 has the same performance as Hyperx 212, is this correct?
Also why 1080 instead of 1080Ti?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Buy this, its 7k
Buy Online | Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 AM4 Premium-Grade 140mm Dual Tower CPU Cooler | Price in India
another cooler available everywhere in india
DEEPCOOL ASSASSIN II Twin Tower High Performance CPU COOLER with 8 Heatpipes

of course get the 1080ti

you can leave the cooler actually and buy something else then. if 1700 stock performs as good a hyper evo cooler

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
You are going to get serious fun with this build! :D
Important points to consider:

1) Do not go for any (and costly) water/liquid/Nitrogen etc. etc. coolers, just use the stock wraith spire which comes in box with R7 1700. Simple reason is: you don't want to overclock. The wraith spire is more than enough for your needs. Even if you want to overclock sometime in future, the stock cooler provides decent headroom. Also, the looks of Wraith Spire is bada$$ enough to look great with your build.
It is important to understand that 3rd party coolers are only required when you are going to overclock your chip.

2) Don't buy anything less than 1080ti. it is the ONLY option to go for, when you want to game on monitor like that.

3) Get atleast Samsung 850 Evo, that is the best in performance SSD under 10k, surpassing Crucial MX300, Kingston's etc. I would have personally gone for M.2 SSD version instead of standard 2.5" because i) two cables less in the system, making it look more clean and gives better airflow ii) the performance is not hampered. So do checkout if you can get that.

4) there is not much difference between price of 3200MHz and 2400MHz RAM, and you also have the budget so go for the 3200MHz sticks. By default, the sticks should run at 2667MHz (default supported by Ryzen processors) and you will have the headroom if you consider overclocking them in future.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy Ryzen 7 1700X if you are not planning to overclock. Your budget allows it as well. 1700 has its default clockspeed a bit on the lower side.

OP
A

asciif00

Broken In
You are going to get serious fun with this build! :D
Important points to consider:

1) Do not go for any (and costly) water/liquid/Nitrogen etc. etc. coolers, just use the stock wraith spire which comes in box with R7 1700. Simple reason is: you don't want to overclock. The wraith spire is more than enough for your needs. Even if you want to overclock sometime in future, the stock cooler provides decent headroom. Also, the looks of Wraith Spire is bada$$ enough to look great with your build.
It is important to understand that 3rd party coolers are only required when you are going to overclock your chip.

2) Don't buy anything less than 1080ti. it is the ONLY option to go for, when you want to game on monitor like that.

3) Get atleast Samsung 850 Evo, that is the best in performance SSD under 10k, surpassing Crucial MX300, Kingston's etc. I would have personally gone for M.2 SSD version instead of standard 2.5" because i) two cables less in the system, making it look more clean and gives better airflow ii) the performance is not hampered. So do checkout if you can get that.

4) there is not much difference between price of 3200MHz and 2400MHz RAM, and you also have the budget so go for the 3200MHz sticks. By default, the sticks should run at 2667MHz (default supported by Ryzen processors) and you will have the headroom if you consider overclocking them in future.

Thanks for your valuable insights. I was thinking about getting this NVME drive.Buy Online | A-DATA ASX8000NP-256GM-C 256GB SSD SX8000 M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe | Price in India
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...-256gm-c-256gb-ssd-sx8000-m-2-2280-pcie-nvme/
I would be getting the 850 EVO if I fail to get the ADATA NVME drive.
I was informed by the PrimeABGB guys that I would be able to run the 3200MHZ at 2400MHZ and at 3200 MHZ when ASUS releases the new AGESA BIOS update.

If you guys think I have missed out on something or I have selected an inferior product Kindly let me know coz I won't be adding anything new to this build for quite sometime.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@asciif00 I just checked the performance of A-DATA sx8000 SSD which you shared, and I would still recommend to go for Samsung 850 EVO m.2 SSD instead of this one. Though A-DATA is better in sequential read/writes, it is fairly surpassed by Samsung 850 EVO in 4K random read/writes speed and latency (which is the actual and practical scenario). Also, you should be able to get the Samsung 850 EVO m.2 in same price range.
Performance comparison: ADATA XPG SX8000 PCIe M.2 SSD Review | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews
Amazon link of Samsung 850 EVO m.2 : Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 850 EVO M.2 MZ-N5E250BW SSD Online at Low Prices in India | Samsung Reviews & Ratings

However, I really liked the black painted stick of A-DATA in terms of looks (just like Samsung 960 Pro). It would definitely match better than 850 EVO m.2 (green :| ) on the motherboard. Performance difference is not much so I won't blame you if you still decide to go for it ;)

@a_k_s_h_a_y m.2 SSD's are nVMe's only, if the m.2 slot present on the motherboard are PCI-e extension (32Gbps) instead of SATA (6Gbps). Most of the latest motherboards have 32Gbps (same as PCI-e slot) m.2 slots only, including the ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS. So m.2 and PCI-e are basically different form factors resulting same performance.
BTW, why is 250GB horrible? The OP wants to keep only the OS on SSD for which 250GB is more than enough, and certainly there is not room enough to put your entire game library in 512GB as well.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Been using 256gb SSDs laptops since 7 years. They suck.
Games these days are 60-70gb, you have at least 3 large games installed.
And Virtual Machines, Visual studio, Adobe tools, 512 is better.

You can keep the games you play on SSD main drive. Rest in hdd.

Loading and boot times won't change with SSD vs M2, because its limited by the CPU.
What's faster is copying and moving files around from M2 to M2

Its better to get a reliable SSD over cheap nvme. It really counts. Samsung is in a different league. Go with reliability.

OP
A

asciif00

Broken In
Been using 256gb SSDs laptops since 7 years. They suck.
Games these days are 60-70gb, you have at least 3 large games installed.
And Virtual Machines, Visual studio, Adobe tools, 512 is better.

You can keep the games you play on SSD main drive. Rest in hdd.

Loading and boot times won't change with SSD vs M2, because its limited by the CPU.
What's faster is copying and moving files around from M2 to M2

Its better to get a reliable SSD over cheap nvme. It really counts. Samsung is in a different league. Go with reliability.

Based on the benchmarks it looks like I will go with 850 EVO drive.:+1:

Reactions: ico

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox 5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Antec - EDGE 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU 27.0" 2560x1440 Monitor

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Actually I'm not sure about the monitor. Getting the Asus one will make my suggested config go overbudget. But i recommend getting the Asus one over Acer. Since you need 1440p, IPS the choices are limited even without Gsync. The monitor is something you need to think over and check reviews since it costs so much.

OP
A

asciif00

Broken In
Actually I'm not sure about the monitor. Getting the Asus one will make my suggested config go overbudget. But i recommend getting the Asus one over Acer. Since you need 1440p, IPS the choices are limited even without Gsync. The monitor is something you need to think over and check reviews since it costs so much.

After doing some research I found a fairly large thread on reddit where people are unhappy with both the ASUS and ACER Monitors due to backlight bleeds and QC problems and as a result they suggest that people should go for Dell
S2716DG (TN panel) in order to avoid QC problems.

Can someone on this forum help me out with this?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
After doing some research I found a fairly large thread on reddit where people are unhappy with both the ASUS and ACER Monitors due to backlight bleeds and QC problems and as a result they suggest that people should go for Dell
S2716DG (TN panel) in order to avoid QC problems.

Can someone on this forum help me out with this?
It's better to go with AMD GPUs like AMD RX580 8GB coupled with a FreeSync Monitor gives better gaming experience.

If you are interested you can go with this FreeSync Monitor: AOC 24" AGON AG241QX GAMING QHD LED MONITOR WITH 144 Hz + 1 MS RESPONSE TIME | eBay

Last edited:
Top Bottom