Upgrading to GT 1030

RJ0713

Broken In
Posting for a friend of mine-
My friend has a pc with these specifications:-
Gigabyte h61m s1
Intel Pentium g2030 @ 3 gHz
4 gb ddr3
He wants to upgrade to a GT 1030 as he generally plays esports games. What is the fps he must expect and does the gt 1030 require any cooling system?

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
1030 will provide 60+ fps in all esports games at top quality settings.
Get a GTX 1050Ti at least.
GT 1030 is for those who don't have a display output.
No man that's for rich countries like usa.
In India 1030 is a gaming card.
Besides 1050Ti is twice as expensive.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
1030 will provide 60+ fps in all esports games at top quality settings.

No man that's for rich countries like usa.
In India 1030 is a gaming card.
Besides 1050Ti is twice as expensive.

yeah , definitely a gaming card ..

the card is good for 1080p buttery smooth 30 fps gaming with medium settings

more like console style

just use half Vsync refresh rate ( the magic sauce ) + frame lock.. ( frame lock alone would not work ) and the experience becomes quite nice.. than playing with fluctuating frames between 30-45 fps with "uneven frame timing"...

The case for 30fps PC gaming

this is the best way to play demanding single player games on low end graphic cards without having a Freesync monitor ...
and Nvidia wins here.. You can't do this with AMD cards "very well" .. they don't have this feature officially the last time i checked.. 3rd party radeon pro allows you to do this , but it has it's problems , the last time i checked..

such an underrated feature...

though a used 750ti would be better

Last edited:
OP
R

RJ0713

Broken In
Well the main question is he has no cooling system except the processor mounted fan and nothing else.So main question is does he need to upgrade to a better cooling system?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well the main question is he has no cooling system except the processor mounted fan and nothing else.So main question is does he need to upgrade to a better cooling system?
Cards like these are meant for low power consumption and don't require extra cooling. Just make sure the stock fans in the case work fine or the case has dust filters.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
The GT series are what i call cash grab cards from Nvidia. You actually pay more for less performance. Nvidia knows desperate customers exist in that price range. Professional sites don't even benchmark those cards, so it's more easy for Nvidia to manipulate that market. Moreover there are usually different variants of those cards with different performances to confuse the customer. GT 730 had 3 different variants with different performance from what i recall.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The rates of graphics cards have been spiked by a very big margin. I remember that I once bought Palit 9800 GT 512MB (new, in 2009) for Rs. 6.5k only, and that was a very good mid-range, if not high-end, card. And today, the company is offering puny GT 1030 in that price segment.

Comparing on the basis of performance-time, there is GTX 1060 these days which is equivalent to 9800GT of 2009, which costs nothing less than 20k.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah that's because rupee value crashed more and more, import taxes kept on increasing, retailer margins also increased, inflation, and more taxes.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
For esports game, League of Legends, CS GO, Dota 2, fifa, gtx 1030 can run them well, may have to reduce settings to hit constant 60..

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
For esports game, League of Legends, CS GO, Dota 2, fifa, gtx 1030 can run them well, may have to reduce settings to hit constant 60..
No need to reduce settings to hit 60. 1030 can run those games at max settings at 1080p with 100+ fps.

Top Bottom