chimera201

Wise Old Owl
You are misunderstanding something here,it is not corsair's achievable performance but the deceptive marketing that is in question.Sure one can run Vengeance 1600CL9 ram at 1600 by using XMP but that's not the point.The point is why it is not by default without using XMP when the same model Vengeance units sold in earlier years could do the same.

P.S.I think I read in that thread that there are hardly any rams that can run over 1833 without using XMP.Basically there are hardly any rams with JEDEC/SPD profile of above 1833 & even 1833 JEDEC/SPD ram are difficult to find.

Check the links that i provided. The other RAMs tested in that review by TH also default at 1333MHz. It's just not Corsair only. Only Patriot one defaults at 1600MHz but is still advertised to have a higher frequency.

zook_1599

Broken In
Updated PSU List 2017-18

Best PSU’s under 3000 (Non-Modular)
Corsair VS350, Corsair VS450, Antec VP450P, Antec BP450PS, Thermaltake TR2 S 500.

Best PSU’s under 4000 (Non-Modular)
Corsair VS450, Corsair VS550, Antec VP550P, Corsair CX430, Thermaltake TR2 600

Best PSU’s under 5000 (Modular, Non-Modular)
Seasonic S12II 430, Corsair VS650, Antec VP650P, Corsair CX450M, Thermaltake TR2 700

Best PSU’s under 6000 (Modular, Non-Modular)
Seasonic S12II520, Corsair CX550M, Antec VP700P, Cooler Master GX550, Thermaltake TR2 800

Best PSU’s under 7000 (Modular, Non-Modular)
Seasonic S12II 620, Seasonic M12II520, Corsair CX650M, Cooler Master GX650, Corsair CS650M

Best PSU’s under 8000 (Modular, Non-Modular)
Seasonic M12II 620, Corsair CX750M, Cooler Master GX750, Corsair CS750M, Silverstone SFX 450

Sir, I just bought a corsair VS450.
My PC Specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte h110m-S2ph,
Processor: i5 7500,
RAM: 8GB,
Graphic Card : AMD RX 480 8GB.
My problem is my PSU is not running. I bought it from IT Depot,Chennai. I gave the connection properly but its not running. I don't know whether its my PSU's Fault or Motherboard. Waiting for reply.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My PC Specs are:
My problem is my PSU is not running. I bought it from IT Depot,Chennai. I gave the connection properly but its not running. I don't know whether its my PSU's Fault or Motherboard. Waiting for reply.
Post a photograph as how you connected.
Did you connect the 8pin power cable & 24pin power cable to the motherboard along with 8pin pcie power cable to the graphics card.
Did you turn on the switch on the backside of your PSU.
Check that and confirm.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

zook_1599

Broken In
Sir here is the image.

Attachments

• P_20170525_194712[1]-iloveimg-compressed.jpg
    P_20170525_194712[1]-iloveimg-compressed.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 242
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Did you again recheck every connection you did until now?
If the problem persists then it's your PSU which is at fault.
You need to change it.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
My PC Specs are:

If the PSU is newly bought , better replace it now with something better quality.. Rx 480 is a 150W card , if not possible right now because of budget , don't use it for more than 2 years..

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Any Suggestion for PSU???

Seasonic S12II 520 @ 5.5k .. it can last you 7-8 years easily and safely on average ( unless you are unlucky) , has a 5 year warranty as well ..
expensive compared to Vs , but worth it...

edit - not safely , Does not have OCP and UVP on 12v

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
It seems like Antec's new Earthwatts Gold Pro series based on Seasonic's Focus Gold platform with 7 yrs warranty is available.

ANTEC SMPS EA550G PRO - 550 WATT 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFICATION SEMI MODULAR PSU

Competition is Corsair's TXM series:
CORSAIR SMPS TX550M - 550 WATT 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFICATION SEMI MODULAR PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
It seems like Antec's new Earthwatts Gold Pro series based on Seasonic's Focus Gold platform with 7 yrs warranty is available.

ANTEC SMPS EA550G PRO - 550 WATT 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFICATION SEMI MODULAR PSU

Competition is Corsair's TXM series:
CORSAIR SMPS TX550M - 550 WATT 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFICATION SEMI MODULAR PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

are you sure the antec one comes with 7 years of warranty? I can only see 3 years from many shopping sites.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
the psu list here is so exhausted that picking the right one is really troublesome.!

BTW, there are new PSUs from cooler master in the budget segment namely mwe and mw lite. Did anyone see any reliable review of the lower watt units(450W,500W)?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
the psu list here is so exhausted that picking the right one is really troublesome.!

BTW, there are new PSUs from cooler master in the budget segment namely mwe and mw lite. Did anyone see any reliable review of the lower watt units(450W,500W)?

""roughly""

"MWE" is equivalent to old Corsair VS class (yellow) ..

"Masterwatt lite" is "slightly" better than new Corsair VS class ( white )( not yet launched here ) - mostly Teapo caps ,

[Lesertest] Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W Userreview

"MWE bronze" is much better than new Corsair VS with DC-DC design- mostly Teapo caps ,

all of the above have 3 year warranty

CX (non modular ) is better than all of the above , with 5 year warranty .. though there are 2 variants ..

and it is better if you replace your VP450P now , been 5 years iirc ? ..

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
are you sure the antec one comes with 7 years of warranty? I can only see 3 years from many shopping sites.

Yes it's the new Seasonic model. The older models had 3 yrs warranty. Indian websites just changed the model name and updated pics.
Antec EAG PRO 550W

Top Bottom