Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yey, so finally all transactions are done :)

My 150-500 was sold for 22k today morning and in the evening I brought Nikon 300mm+tc 1.4 for 52k

will post the pic of lens soon :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's been more than a year since I noticed the spot on the photographs (sensor spot). After watching some videos, I tried to fix it today. And end up ripping a ribbon. There was a plate like thing, it's glued and the screw is extremely small and I couldn't unscrew. Tried many times, with no success. Re-assembled and everything worked fine. I wondered what happened to the ripped cable. By trying to fix the sensor spot, I thought I screwed up but now camera is working fine. I am surprised.

Few hours later...

Found flash not working :( Now I see what's that ribbon for. Seems like fixing that ripped ribbon is not something easy and cheap. So no more flash photography for me. :( :( :( Without flash not a lot I can do in indoor.

In the end, I couldn't clean the spot, but crippled the camera even more. :(

If anyone know a simple fix for this, let me know.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yey, so finally all transactions are done :)

My 150-500 was sold for 22k today morning and in the evening I brought Nikon 300mm+tc 1.4 for 52k

will post the pic of lens soon :D
Wow!!! That was quick. Just today, you started the thread and it's already sold.
Congrats for sale and purchase :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac I was already in talks with that guy from last Tuesday...he was to come aand check my lens....I also told and already negotiated with 300mm guy ;-) all planned

Sent from my E5563 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nac

sujoyp

Grand Master
Here is my dream lens :) I could only afford after waiting 4 years ..its built quality is soo awesome...the touch itself is Pro level..The guy from whome I bought used only twice...completely scratchless

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4168/34436434560_e4252e6118_z.jpgNikon 300mm f4 with TC 1.4(1) by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4247/34436443090_dec3a38fea_z.jpgNikon 300mm f4 with TC 1.4(2) by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4182/34436451170_99fed72986_z.jpgNikon 300mm f4 with TC 1.4(3) by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

Test of lens

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4200/34690268631_546d25de5a_z.jpgBird2 by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

Cropped
*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4224/34012930253_c97b31c430_z.jpgBird cropped by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr
remember i took the pic around 7 in evening.

CRACING

Journeyman
Wow, it looks just like new. You are lucky dude. My heartiest congratulations. :D

Its D (DON) in AF-S. Good for those who like manual settings.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bought this diffuser from Amazon...but as expected it cant be carried easily..its big :(

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4247/34844209405_417b9ba635_z.jpgFlash Diffuser by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

raja manuel

In the zone
I'd be interested in your review of the diffuser versus a bare flash, and how much light is lost with the colour filters. I've considered buying one of these but put it off because I wasn't convinced of its benefits.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Looks like bowl for snacks :)
Nac I wanted the small cap ones but it was not fitting on my flash , so had to get these generic ones.

@raja manuel I have exactly the thing for you.. I took these pics to test the color effect.
here top is with white filter, 2nd row is blue yellow red filter and below is without a filter.

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4273/34713673851_f6d4549262_c.jpgNew folder (6) by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

Reactions: nac

raja manuel

In the zone
Based on the photos, the colour effect is nowhere near as pronounced as with gel sheets, but it is difficult to judge without knowing the test conditions. Were these taken in daylight which could have washed out the colours?

sujoyp

Grand Master
these are taken indoor in the evening...slight light was there...not completely dark...the washed out colors are due to flash light ..the one with yellow filter is the most accurate one with correct colors

raja manuel

In the zone
I've seen much more intense colours using just gel sheets, and I don't understand how a filtered flash can wash itself out. You'd usually need another light for that, such as a key light or daylight. Also, how does the yellow filter give correct colour? Defeats the purpose of the filter doesn't it? That could happen only if you have a white balance issue.

sujoyp

Grand Master
You are not considering a point.. This is a manual flash with setting depends on me...if I put flash more than required it will wash out.. Maybe yellow filter has reduced the intensity to a point where colors looks correct..My flash dont meter so it detects nothing,just my settings.

Sent from my E5563 using Tapatalk

raja manuel

In the zone
I'm on flash photography groups where I've seen photographers get deep, saturated, and bright colours using gel sheets on everything from basic Yongnou flashes to big studio strobes. It is possible that they are stacking sheets to increase the colouring at the expense of power though they haven't mentioned it. If these plastic filters had a muted filter to preserve flash power it would be a reasonable compromise but still limited because these cannot be stacked. Washed out colours for a 1/3 stop drop in power mightbe acceptable but if you lost 1 stop without gaining much in colour then it would be a poor compromise.
As for the yellow colour, if you are bathing the scene in yellow tinted light, it means your image will have a colour cast if your camera set white balance is correct. If your camera set white balance is incorrect and in the opposite direction of the colour cast, then the image will have correct colour because the two will cancel. This is a method used by photographers to get correct white balance on the subject but a tinted background e.g., to bake a grey overcast sky look like a blue sky.

Top Bottom